Roll Call, Sedalia MO, 6/15-6/16 (With RESULTS)

We will be cooking a man short this weekend as my Brother Steve will be at the Indy Race, so no time for peoples choice. Trying to talk Sammy into jumping ship this weekend and cooking with us. I offered him some Playboy Magazines and all the donuts he could eat. No answer as of yet.

Spice

We will be cooking a man short this weekend as my Brother Steve will be at the Indy Race, so no time for peoples choice. Trying to talk Sammy into jumping ship this weekend and cooking with us. I offered him some Playboy Magazines and all the donuts he could eat. No answer as of yet.

Spice

Yeah but Jay, you gotta promise to buy him a gun if he wins. That seems to be the key. :lol:

Spice
Damn....we missed a chance to possibly cook chicken for the great Team Q.....that would have been fun.....and saved me a bunch of money!

Our granddaugther is not cooking the kids Q as she has started summer school and its just too much of a pain to try to get here there on friday night early.......besides, if she knew there was a pool there, she wouldn't be worth a crap anyway.....:eek:

Will be there sometime Friday morning..Just got unpacked from this past weekend and getting ready to repack for this weekend...oh what fun:lol:

Will be there sometime Friday morning..Just got unpacked from this past weekend and getting ready to repack for this weekend...oh what fun:lol:

I'm finally doing that after the GAB... just no desire to mess with it yet! :lol: Until I have to anyway.

I feel your pain man! It's been like that the last 7 weeks ina row.... and now LP-Que this week and Marshalltown next week ... so I'll have one less day between packing sessions.

Glad to see you guys are putting Kim to work Wayne... don't let her slack :wink:

Just found out today that we will be short Dave this contest and I told Chris we would do PC, this could get real interesting. BTW does anyone know what the format for PC is I forgot to ask Chris, all I know is it is during turn ins, what do we serve.

Lee,

Chris will give you all the meat you want to cook - chicken, pork, and beef. You cook it and hand it out to the public - or just set it out for them. They vote. Last year he announced the winners in all the 3 categories and the overall winner of PC.

See ya Friday.

Slammin' Sammy isn't looking forward to seeing my daughter again, is he, Skip? :lol: :lol:

Ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
You better believe he is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mr. Jeff

I beleive in helping the contest out. The times kind of suck, but this is the best way you can get people to come.

Yeah but Jay, you gotta promise to buy him a gun if he wins. That seems to be the key. :lol:

Spice
The answer would be NO!!!!!
I will Act like I didn't read this post, JAY!
He is my best Buddy and It will cost you more than you win that's for sure!!!

The answer would be NO!!!!!
I will Act like I didn't read this post, JAY!
He is my best Buddy and It will cost you more than you win that's for sure!!!

A man and his son cooking together is an beautiful thing:biggrin:

york

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know how many teams they have signed up?

Nope not me... I emailed Chris and asked if he had a list of teams but I got no reply. That was about 2 days ago. I'm guessing about the same as last year. So far, all I know is us, you, Bubba and Jeff, Team Q, the Meatheads, SloppyQ, Belly Brother, Chick'n Pig and Lit and Loaded. A couple posted on another forum... "Get Outta My Pit" and "Phat Jacks". That's all I know. Oh I think also River City Smokehouse. Other than that... who knows?

I talked to Chris yesterday and he said 48 and expecting a few to show up unannounced. He said he had 1 judge/team so far.

Freda

I talked to Chris yesterday and he said 48 and expecting a few to show up unannounced. He said he had 1 judge/team so far.

Freda

Cool! The Redneck BBQ will be there too then? :wink: Well if he has 48 teams and expecting a few more, that'll make a great contest! You didn't happen to ask how many of those are CBJs did you? I believe they had a CBJ class in Sedalia earlier this year so I'm hoping most are.

Just got back from taking travel trailer to Sedalia. Chris was on site and said he had 40 teams for sure and was expecting some unanounced, he was wondering if I knew of any that were showing up that he didn't have on his list. He said he had 46 last year and that of the 40 he knew of 14 were newcomers. I'm parked on the front row by pole 54 (Rockwood trailer) those that get there early set up by me so I'll have good neighbors, I'll share my shade tree. See everyone there.

Just got back from taking travel trailer to Sedalia. Chris was on site and said he had 40 teams for sure and was expecting some unanounced, he was wondering if I knew of any that were showing up that he didn't have on his list. He said he had 46 last year and that of the 40 he knew of 14 were newcomers. I'm parked on the front row by pole 54 (Rockwood trailer) those that get there early set up by me so I'll have good neighbors, I'll share my shade tree. See everyone there.

Lee I'll be there around 8:30 or 9 am. But I think he wants People's Choice teams on the front row. I think we're gonna shoot for the tree we had last year.

Did you happen to notice if it was muddy out there from all the rain Sedalia got last weekend?

Back