• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

July Special: *** "2018 July Burger Blowoutl!" *** Throwdown - Lasts Through July 30th!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new July Special TD category is...

2018 July Burger Blowout!

attachment.php

This was Boogiesnap's stellar entry in the 2013
"National Burger Month" Throwdown!

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

1. Cook burgers how you like them! Standard throwdown rules apply.

2. MULTIPLE ENTRIES ARE ALLOWED and encouraged for this TD!

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 6/29 through
the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 7/30/18.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 7/30

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

This thread is for all entries and general discussion of the category.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/FONT]
Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Hmmmmmm....

I really hate this category. What to do, what to do! :becky:

This is an entry!

Wagyu Brisket Smash Burgers with Havarti Cheese, Bacon, Caramelized Onions and Avocado Cream on a Grilled Portobella ‘Bun’

When we trim briskets for competitions we save the trimmings and when we get enough, we grind the trimmings and make burgers, meatloaf, tacos meat, etc. This time it was burgers! I seasoned the ground brisket with R Butts R Smokin’ R Beef Rub and divided it into 1/4 pound portions and put them onto a hot cast iron griddle on the Saber.

After giving them a couple of minutes to start to form a crust I smashed them into patties.

A couple of minutes later I flipped them. They had a great crust!

A couple of minutes later and another smash it was time to add some bacon (why not? :-D) and then a slice of Havarti cheese.

Once the cheese was melted and the edges started to get crispy I stacked the patties...

I used grilled portobella mushroom caps as a ‘bun’ for mine and added some fresh spinach, tomatoes, caramelized onions and an avocado cream sauce, and some fresh broccoli salad as a side.

Please use this as my entry picture!

Hey Capt. Ron, if you get a chance one of these days, can you snap a pick of one of the Saber burners on high. I still think there is something wrong with mine. Nice burgers BTW.

Hey Capt. Ron, if you get a chance one of these days, can you snap a pick of one of the Saber burners on high. I still think there is something wrong with mine. Nice burgers BTW.

OK. I’ll try to remember :-D

Here is my first entry in the Burger TD.

This is my Twisted Hatch Chili, Bacon, Cheeseburger, Onion Ring Burger Carb Friendly No Bun Burger.

Please use this first picture

attachment.php

Enjoy My Friends!

That is a very creative entry!

You do realize, however, that's NOT a burger, right?

:laugh:

At the risk of starting an epistemological debate over what is a hamburger may I present Sunday's patty melt.

It was inspired by this recent episode of The Burger Show.
https://youtu.be/38L5vfMcMBE

It started with some onions cooked on the blackstone that had just been used to cook a pound of bacon for a different use. The cooked until they were just shy of caramelized.

A couple of slices of light rye bread were slathered with mayo and put on the griddle to brown. When they were nice and toasty they were removed from the grill and and each toasted side was topped with 2 slices of Swiss cheese with quite a bit of overhang.

While that was going on a nice big 1 pound patty that had been shaped to slightly larger than the aforementioned bread was cooked on the blackstone until a nice crust had developed on both sides.

Everything was then brought together with the untoasted sides facing out, so the layering went bread, cheese, onions, beef, onions, cheese, bread. The bread was then toasted on both sides and the overhanging cheese developed into a nice frico.

Below are the results. It will definitely being trying this again.
Please use the first picture for voting.

rxPthF4l.jpg

sIE8qrBl.jpg

I voted for that onion ring thingy in another TD. However for this particular TD, I see a Dilly Bar in his future. :razz:

OK all, I just saw this throwdown as I was making dinner. Here is a quick photo of my burger. With chipotle cheddar cheese and a jalapeno slaw. I know this won't score well, but I felt I should post something and get back into these competitions.

Attachments

• 20180714_195214.jpg
    20180714_195214.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 511
Back