So I got my new pellet smoker...

bandityo

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Got it built, prepped, burned off and ready for my first attempts with a pellet for ribs and some abts. Using hickory pellets everything came out great...other than the huge mess it made in my new shiny smoker!

Enjoy!

ribs1.jpg

ribs4.jpg

ribs3.jpg

congrats she is a good look smoker indeed and she made some fine ribs for ya at that to.

very nice what temp temp and how long did you cook them great looking ribs

On a Traeger i line the drip tray/ramp with foil for easier cleanup. Don't know if yours is the same. Grub look great.

yes, foil next time for sure..made a big mess.. I put it on low smoke for 6 hours with hickory... temp was at 200....bumped it to 225 though the last two hours and she was still putting out smoke. Very happy with it so far.

David
Chattanooga

I have to admit...those pictures give me a bit of a chub.

I have a CS-680, and I absolutely love it.

Congrats on the new toy! the food looks great.

I also cover my drip pan with foil. It makes clean up much easier.

You're gonna love the new unit. Those things turn out great food and are easy to use remotely with a marine battery and an inverter should the need arise. I use mine nearly every day for the past several months and am still delighted eachi time I fire it up. Congrats!!

now where to get the most cost effective shipped pellets..any recommendations or is search my friend !

David

I'm lucky I have a pellet mfg 15 mins away from me where I can pick up. In fact I just ordered 100 lbs of 100% hickory pellets for $.56 per pound. Can't beat that when it's about $3.00 in gas to get them. If I had no other option I'd get together witih some other pelletheads in the area and make a large order that could be split a number of ways. Always someone looking to do that at pelletheads.com

Those ribs look awesome! New smoker looks nice too. :)

That's a nice looking pit! Food looks fantastic too....

Pellet order

I will give a ditto to trying pelletheads.com to get a group together for a bulk pellet purchase and lower price.I have been part of two bulk buys this year over there. A lot of pelletheads are also Brethren like myself.

Back