BBQ Rules...Its a man's game.

CUTigerQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
BBQ RULES
We are about to enter the BBQ season. Therefore it is important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity . When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:

Routine....
(1) The woman buys the food.
(2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert.
(3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.
(4) The woman remains outside the compulsory three meter exclusion zone where the exuberance of testosterone and other manly bonding activities can take place without the interference of the woman.

Here comes the important part:
(5) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.

More routine....
(6) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.
(7) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is looking great. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he flips the meat

Important again:
(8) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.

More routine...
(9) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.

(10) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.

And most important of all:
(11) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts..

(12) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed ' her night off ' and, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women!

One change

Totally agree... however, I would make it clear that she is to purchase everything for the event EXCEPT the meat, which requires a SPECIAL trip to the store to make sure that the cut of meat is perfect. Also, make sure when you receive compliments that you point out that you made that "special" trip to the store to find that perfect cut of meat.

BBQ RULES
We are about to enter the BBQ season. Therefore it is important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity . When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:

Routine....
(1) The woman buys the food.
(2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert.
(3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.
(4) The woman remains outside the compulsory three meter exclusion zone where the exuberance of testosterone and other manly bonding activities can take place without the interference of the woman.

Here comes the important part:
(5) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.

More routine....
(6) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.
(7) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is looking great. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he flips the meat

Important again:
(8) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.

More routine...
(9) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.

(10) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.

And most important of all:
(11) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts..

(12) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed ' her night off ' and, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women!

um... yeah... good luck with that.

Cowgirl, LMAJ, DivaQ, WannabeBBQueen, and other Brethren Sisters are the exeption to the rule.

OMG I just read that for the first time and read it to my wife. She stated "that about sums it up!" Way to funny!

How did you like your night off?

Totally agree... however, I would make it clear that she is to purchase everything for the event EXCEPT the meat, which requires a SPECIAL trip to the store to make sure that the cut of meat is perfect. Also, make sure when you receive compliments that you point out that you made that "special" trip to the store to find that perfect cut of meat.

I think with the exception of the meat you should probably pick up your own beer. This way it is the correct type for the cook and also cold.

Disclaimer all above info is true unless your girl is like cowgirl. Then your just one blessed man!:biggrin:

I am so glad that this has been cleared up.
My Wife can no longer argue with the rules since they are in writing.

I only wish it was like that at my house. Here is that way it goes.....
1) I do it all
2) She says...."When we gonna eat, I'm hungry?"

That is more how it goes at my house. Except my wife always wants to know what I made to go with the meat??? That's when I throw a "baked" potato in the microwave!!

First off that's grilling rules.

There are only two BBQ rules.

1. The cook is always right and must be obeyed immediately.
2. If in doubt see rule # 1.

I only wish it was like that at my house. Here is that way it goes.....
1) I do it all
2) She says...."When we gonna eat, I'm hungry?"
I stole a line from someone here"This thing is not a microwave smoker".I put Moink's on now to keep them happy while the rest finishes.

Back