A 47 Day Dry Aged Ribeye Pizza

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Had inspiration on this one. A talented cooking friend mentioned steak pizza with gorgonzola cheese (not sure if you'll see this, but thank you!) and I decided to give er a go.
Went with one of my 47 day dry aged ribeyes...
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=261014

I wasn't sure what I wanted to go with but gathered a few ingredients and did some taste testing to help decide..

6DWtdex.jpg

made the dough...

qfOhrTL.jpg

iPhD18i.jpg

let the dough rest and made a sauteed scallion, garlic, gorgonzola cream sauce for the base.

I1qKSoc.jpg

tdtOseW.jpg

6Ly7G0Q.jpg

OOGzTKG.jpg

Went the simple route on the steak. Olive oil, cracked black pepper and coarse salt.

eZ7ubq4.jpg

4wb7e4o.jpg

Started my build.
Creamy gorgonzola sauce...

YZA1AZf.jpg

scallions, onions, mushrooms, pepperoncini...

1TUMAHu.jpg

grilled sweet peppers, romano, parmesan and mozzarella..

VBc03Km.jpg

into the blackstone oven for a bit to get every thing hot n bubbly..

91aHyZr.jpg

added the sliced steak and returned to the oven for a blast of heat.

R0boVHU.jpg

B5hQJR7.jpg

Topped with scallions, crisp bacon, blue cheese, parsley and called er good.

VENbShm.jpg

lPRWVo1.jpg

Hx6J85Z.jpg

I really liked this one. The creamy, cheesy gorgonzola sauce really went well with the rich beef flavor of the steak.
I'll be making it again in the near future!

Thanks for looking!

If you are up for a challenge. Instead of Gorgonzola, try Boursin Garlic and fine herb cheese, For the sauce, use a reduced, and thickened marsala wine sauce, and along with your fabulous Ribeye, also top with some lump crab meat.

I was thinking red sauce when I read the title but your choice looks and sounds great .

Way to rock it neighbor!

Love the look of your pizza Jeanie, perfect crust for a steak pizza and choice of cheese IMO. Thanks for sharing another amazing cook.

Beautiful pie. I love philly cheese steak pizzas, and I love blue cheese, so there is no doubt, that is a winner!

Now that is just pure awesomeness! Love the way you kept that beautiful piece of meat at temperature too.

If you are up for a challenge. Instead of Gorgonzola, try Boursin Garlic and fine herb cheese, For the sauce, use a reduced, and thickened marsala wine sauce, and along with your fabulous Ribeye, also top with some lump crab meat.

Welcome to the forum!
While not a fan of marsala wine sauce, I absolutely love garlic. lol Will keep that in mind for future pizzas. This one was all about steak and gorgonzola, suggested by my friend. I was happy with the way it turned out and will be doing it again for sure! :thumb:

I was thinking red sauce when I read the title but your choice looks and sounds great .

Way to rock it neighbor!
Thanks so much Neighbor! I'm a gorgonzola, dry aged beef fan now. :-D

Looks delicious, Jeanie! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you Kanco! It turned out better than I had hoped.

Love the look of your pizza Jeanie, perfect crust for a steak pizza and choice of cheese IMO. Thanks for sharing another amazing cook.
Thank you Bill! It was a hearty pizza. lol I'll have leftovers for awhile!

Jeanie, that is another fantastic cook.

Thanks so much Marty! :-D

Outstanding!!
Thanks Adams! Beautiful day in the neighborhood! :-D

That is fantastic!

Thank you Lloyd! I really liked this one!

Oh my. That looks awesome!

Thanks so much, Matt! Good luck with that kitchen remodel, it's looking nice!

That looks amazing :hungry::hungry:

Thank you kindly George!

Looks incredible as always! Thanks for the idea :)
Thank you Clay! :-D

Super! Love the ingredients.
Thank you Robert! It came out pretty tasty!

Hey now that Looks Super D duper !! Pizza is my favorite food group.
lol Thanks Flatbroke! I'm starting to eat more pizza since getting this blackstone oven. I can see how it can turn into a favorite food group! :-D

Beautiful pie. I love philly cheese steak pizzas, and I love blue cheese, so there is no doubt, that is a winner!
Thanks so much Josh! Philly cheese steak pizza sounds good! I'll have to give it a try. Hope you're staying cool over on your end of the state! :-D

Now that is just pure awesomeness! Love the way you kept that beautiful piece of meat at temperature too.
Thank you Blue! I kept the steak on the rare side so I could heat it a bit at the end, hopefully without cooking it much more. It worked out pretty well! :-D

Wow! Work of art right there :)
Thank you JS! I hope to make this again in the future! :-D

Next level pie right there Jeanie! I love a little gorgonzola with a steak.

Back