A Little Sunday Comfort Food!

thunter

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Well, this is not BBQ but it sure was good. One of my twins is headed back to IU for the summer to work and she wanted a home-cooked meal before being relegated to the harsh realities of campus food! :) This is fried pork chops, butter-steamed broccoli, corn on the cob, and garlic smashed potatoes.

Tony

DSCF0224.jpg

DSCF0227.jpg

DSCF0226.jpg

Send her off with some in an old butter or cool wip bowl. Kids never return tupperware. :biggrin:

Tell me more about the butter-steamed brocolli, it looks good!

Tell me more about the butter-steamed brocolli, it looks good!

Thanks for the kind remarks everybody! :-D

AlbuQue, nothin' special about the broccoli. Instead of just water in my sautee pan at I add some butter to it - 50/50 split. It just gives the broccoli a nicer flavor. I also add some onion powder and italian seasoning. It always comes out great!

I'd never leave home if I was gettin' fed like that.

looking great. we love fried chops,mom's milk gravy,overeasy eggs,fried tater rounds,rice w potato bread/beer rollls w/ steamed buttered brocholi ( or bacon fat fried okra)for breakfast( or dinner ranch style):-D:p

looking great. we love fried chops,mom's milk gravy,overeasy eggs,fried tater rounds,rice w potato bread/beer rollls w/ steamed buttered brocholi ( or bacon fat fried okra)for breakfast( or dinner ranch style):-D:p

Dude... you are killin' me here!! :lol:

Looks very good....but I hate to tell you it looks like the corn cob there got dropped in the dirt. :-D

Awesome looking meal.

May I ask you for your deep fried chops recipe?

OK that looks awesome, now send the other twin over here with a plate of that please!

Awesome looking meal.

May I ask you for your deep fried chops recipe?

Thanks! :-D

The chops are way easy. They were marinated in olive oil, fresh garlic, salt and pepper for about 3 hours. Then dredged in flour seasoned with onion powder, garlic powder and black pepper. Deep fried in a cast iron skillet and they were good to go. :-D

Back