• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Fmd

TopItOff

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I am in need of a serious smoker for my business since another bulder, who I won’t mention, has put me in a real bind. My BBQ has me looking at the Mac Daddy Squared from FMD Outdoors. Does anyone have any experience with them? Based upon a really bad experience with another builder I am very wary about timelines and deposits. Any feedback would be welcome.

Never heard of them but that's just me. Go with a reputable builder and there are quite a few of them.

I, along with many others, will vouch for Lone Star Grillz. I bought site unseen 1500 miles away with service and the product being impeccable.

Of course Shirley Fab but the wait times are over a year from what I know.

^^^ stick to the WELL KNOWN and RESPECTED builders. LSG, Klose, Pitmaster, Lang, etc. never heard of FMD.

From looking at it, it seems the fire box is 1/4. For a lot of use I think you would want 1/2. I also seem to remember somewhere that there were airflow issues with them, not enough air coming into the firebox.

After all those headaches you should probably bite the bullet and go with some of the tried and true names that are mentioned above. If you need something quick look for used or find one of the more well known names that don't have a huge lead time

I know it's the cook and not the cooker, but every time I see an Ole Hickory, I think of Dickey's BBQ :hand:

Jambos runs an Ole Hickory and Jambos is GOOD.....:heh:

1H0hyyyl.jpg
SIzzxDul.jpg

That is a lot of cooker for $5900.00 I personally would want to make a trip down there and see for myself.

http://www.fmdoutdoors.com/mac-daddy-1.html

Agree with that, and the size of the smoke stack looks pretty small for what looks like a pretty huge smoke chamber. You may want to see one before you buy. Both brands that you have been looking at seem to be price-driven. Are you literally just trying to find the most cook area for the cheapest price? What are you trying to accomplish?

Last edited:
The deposit is only $200 so at least that is all you will be out if it takes more than 5 weeks.

A local guy I compete against uses one. I was not impressed. If your in either TN or NC like I guess seeing your from Hendersonville I'd be making a trip down to Lang for a sttick burner or Assassin for a gravity feed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The smoker is intended to draw interest with the size of it. Located just outside of Nashville. The smoker will be outside and we have some big plans for it. May be supplying multiple locations. Looking for the right look to draw attention and FMD says 2-4 weeks. Talked to them on the phone today.

The smoker is intended to draw interest with the size of it. Located just outside of Nashville. The smoker will be outside and we have some big plans for it. May be supplying multiple locations. Looking for the right look to draw attention and FMD says 2-4 weeks. Talked to them on the phone today.
You won't get anymore looks than the Pitmaker trailers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back