Contest Announcment Que & Cruz Results

smoke-n-my-i's

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Here are the overall rankings. I will get the individual entry results up later... time for bed... :icon_sleepy :icon_sleepy :icon_sleepy

We were going to spend the day today relaxing, but changed plans. We finished packing, drove abt and hour to visit some of my wife's relatives we have never seen, and then came home. Got in abt an hour ago. Unloaded the coolers and put away the perishables.

Overall Rankin

1) Chix, Swine & Bovine BBQ
2) Tarheel Smokers
3) Pigs on the Run
4) Hoss’s BBQ
5) Dizzy Pig
6) Virginia BBQ Pirates
7) JD’s Smokin Misfits
8 The Princess and the Pig
9) Tar River BBQ
10) Screamin Nite Hog
11) Pot Belly BBQ
12) Gooney Creek BBQ
13) Big C’s Stew and Que
14) Serial Grillers
15) Big Ugly’s BBQ
16) M&H BBQ
17) Texas Rib’s BBQ
18 Pitts Custom Q
19) The Crazy Redneck’s BBQ
20) Benjamin’s Barbeque
21) Hogback Mnt BBQ
22) Ashburn Barbeque
23) Smoke-N-My-I’s
24) Spry’s BBQ
25) Cat Sass BBQ
26) The Pig’s Ear
27) Lump Dog’s BBQ
28 Hog Town Boys
29) Butt’s on Fire
30) Mr. Woo’s BBQ
31) Smokin Jay’s Byrd Mill BBQ
32) Spicy Mikes Grillin
33) Jackie’s Crew BBQ
34) Rutz’s Backyard BBQ
35) Extreme BBQ Team
36) Lucky Dog

Last edited:
I am only going to list the top 10 places as that is what they gave awards through. If you want the rest let me know….

Chicken
1 – Tarheel Smokers
2 – The Princess and the Pig
3 – Tar River BBQ
4 – Chix, Swine & Bovine BBQ
5 – The Crazy Redneck’s BBQ
6 – Hoss’s BBQ
7 – Big C’s Stew and Que
8 – Gooney Creek BBQ
9 – Smokin Jay’s Byrd Mill BBQ
10 – Pot Belly BBQ

Pork Ribs
1 – JD’s Smokin Misfits
2 – Virginia BBQ Pirates
3 – Chix, Swine & Bovine BBQ
4 – Pigs on the Run
5 – The Princess and the Pig
6 – Tar River BBQ
7 – Lucky Dog
8 – Hog Town Boys
9 – Hoss’s BBQ
10 – Dizzy Pig

Pork
1 – Pigs on the Run
2 – Dizzy Pig
3 – Hoss’s BBQ
4 – Screamin Nite Hog
5 – Pot Belly BBQ
6 – Gooney Creek BBQ
7 – Chix, Swine & Bovine BBQ
8 – Mr. Woo’s BBQ
9 – M&H BBQ
10 – Tar River BBQ

Brisket
1 – Virginia BBQ Pirates
2 – Pigs on the Run
3 – Chix, Swine & Bovine BBQ
4 – Tarheel Smokers
5 – Ashburn Barbeque
6 – Texas Rib’s BBQ
7 – JD’s Smokin Misfits
8 – Dizzy Pig
9 – Gooney Creek BBQ
10 – The Princess and the Pig

Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat Contest

Put this one on your list,gary and Bill did a good JOB! I also enjoyed meeting the guys for cat sass. Thanks for the beans. It was an honor to meat you. I would love to have you guys come and cook with us. Also Mark Harris you are a god. Thanks for running the team when I was away making money. Alos Tom , chris , hoss and gay& roy great to see you!

Bill the Grill Guy rocks

I totally agree with all the great comments about Que and Cruz and Small Country Campground. What a teriffic job pulling all this together and making us all feel at home. This was Cat Sass first competition and everyone sure made welcome. Bill, your folks were wonderful and I enjoyed meeting your Mom.

Cooking between Pigs on the Run and Dizzy Pig BBQ was a thrill. Special thanks to Mark Harris and his wonderful bride for answering all our rookie questions and for the encouragement. We had a great experience, and someday hope to know half as much as you guys about winning and walking.

John, good to see you again and look forward to your mentoring as needed. Brauma had goosebumps and giggles like a 2nd grade schoolgirl after Sat evening. He said, "you realize we had John from Pigs on the Run, the guys from Dizzy Pigs and other teams in our campsite eating our corn and beans and talking que!" what a thrill.

beerguy

Thanks for the kind words John. I would love to cook with you guys one day.

I would like to mention that we (Cat Sass) scored 11th place in pork and 12th in brisket. I wont mention where we placed in chicken and ribs. :oops: I was so bummed when we didnt get called in any category. But after seeing that we almost walked in pork my spirits were raised quite a bit. There were 36 teams and this was our 1st ever comp. So we're pretty pleased with our scores in pork and brisket. But we have a long ways to go before we walk.

Again, we learned so much and met so many nice folks. I had a great time.

My biggest regret is that I didnt take the time to walk around and meet everyone. VA BBQ Pirates was on my list. I guess I got busy :mad: no excuse.

Last edited:
If the rest of you guys are as great as Brauma and Beer guy your all going on my "to meet list". It was a true pleasure meeting you guys.

Okay Brethren, mark your calendar for next year. July 17th and 18th. Do I hear a Brethren bash?

Back