Peoria Custom Smokers

SLCMACK

Knows what a fatty is.
Howdy, I am hoping to get some response or feedback on the Peoria Cusom Smoker. I live here in Il and I am getting ready to spend a chunk of change and was wanting to get some feedback on these backyard smokers. If anyone has one or has any info on this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

My Cousin has one. He lives is Lewstown, IL. I have used it several times and it IS a good smoker. Insulated firebox like no other I have ever seen. Heavy? Like really heavy metal.
If you want to see one demonstrated, he is putting on a BBQ Class in May. The Peoria Custom Cooker Owner will be there, also.
He is VERY pleased with his. If you want to, PM me and I'll give you his #.

I have been looking at Jambo and Lang backyard/patio smokers and now you bring up Peoria. I just finished looking at some of their smokers and they really look well built. I would like to hear some of the other brethern input as well.

I purchased a PCC cooker last year. 24x72 mobile unit. I looked around a lot and after speaking with the owner, Bill Cusak, he sent me some DVD's showing detailed aspects of this cooker. The quality and ruggedness of these cookers is superior. Go to his shop if you can and you'll see for yourself. PCC was an absolute pleasure to do business with and I can't say enough about how well this cooker has performed for our team. $ for $ you won't find a better value in smokers.

Jeff
Lazy J BBQ

quality product

Bill Cusack, Owner of Peoria Cookers brought a 28 foot rig to a pig roast at our local Catholic High School last fall. I had the pleasure of chatting with him for 2 hours and sharing a few beers with him while he showed me his rig and just talked about smoking in general. He is passionate about it and his products are top quality.

When I am ready to step up to a larger unit (meaning when I get the money) I would not think twice about buying from him.

BTW the 28 footer was sold and they guy he sold it to was there at the event as Bill inveted him to come cook so Bill could show him the unit in action. I think that is pretty standard of the kind of service Bill gives to his customers.

PCC Cooker

Lazy J, Im counting down the days until mine arrives. I went ahead and ordered the BYC 24X48 from Bill. I did a whole lot of lookin and this looked like was the best fit for me, bang for my buck. I did get those DVDs and the dude knows what he's doing. Im glad to hear the feedback, makes me feel better about the purchase. Thanks for posting!~:-D

I have not personally cooked on one but know a few folks that do. All are very satisfied with theirs. Some day if I'm that flush and can afford a stick burner, I might consider one, along with Lange and Klose. I think Geer is out of my price range, but they sure are sweeet!

Quau uses a PCC. He had one at Scottie's class. As for the insulation - it started to snow and the snow didn't melt when it landed on top of the smoker. Crazy!

insulation

So I'm taking it that the snow not melting on the insulated cooker is a good thing right? I got the firebox insulated and thats it. Should I have got the cooking chamber done as well? Please let me know!!!!

I met a guy at a comp in Springfield last year who had a PCC cooker, and it was very well built. It was heavy duty, very solid, the attention to detail was amazing, and he said the owner was great to do business with. If I had the $ and was looking for a big cooker, I would without a doubt buy one from PCC.

I know this an old thread but wanted to get opinions on how much fuel you are using on these fine smokers? Specifically a 24x72 mobile unit with the insulated firebox.

I know this an old thread but wanted to get opinions on how much fuel you are using on these fine smokers? St specifically a 24x72 mobile unit with the insulated firebox.

I have the 24x 48 BYC and have really enjoyed it. I do have the insulated firebox on mine and use the bigger charcoal basket that he makes. It holds a lot of charcoal, as I usually use the minion method. I make a chimney full and pour the rest of one of the 23lb I believe it is from Sams in the charcoal basket, and when the chimney is ready, throw it on all the unlit charcoal and put some wood in there some where along the filling of the charcoal. It will burn easily for 4-5+ hrs. I usally get my temp to where I want, usually 250, and when I hit that, the charcoal basket comes with a lid and I put that on and just add wood every so often. Im still learning this thing, but I would really like my food to have a more smokey flavor. Overall, I really like mine. Hope this helps a little bit, but I would really consider getting the insualted firebox, its worth the extra money.

Back