Killing time on the way to a Comp

WineMaster

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Long drives to comps suck.
We started playing Highway Cribbage this year but what if any other games do people play while driving to pass time.

One game of Highway Cribbage can take 3-5 Hrs.
Beer Pong can get ya hammered in a 1/2 hr. I'd try almost anything once though!

I'd like to hear how Highway Cribbage is played.

My wife likes the old ABC game. We play as a team, finding each letter of the alphabet in order from A through Z. It has to start a word and it has be outside the vehicle. Gets old pretty quick for me, but not my wife...hence the request for HC rules!

We bought some books on tape to listen to along the way. Satellite radio should help a lot too.

License plate game if its truly a long trip somewhere - can be fun for kids.

Our version of Highway cribbage

When you get passed by a car, you use the license plates 3 numbers to make your score. 0's are 10 so a 055 would peg you 6 and so on. to keep the game going you also use the mile markers as a persons turn. Personal plates or dealer plates that use only letters are wild cards and you use the letters on a phone pad to convert to numbers. Semi trucks have long plate numbers so you use the best 5
For a quicker version you use the letters and numbers but only the best 5 to make your score.

• Thanks
Reactions: pat
Slug bug.. not near as popular is it used to be.

Listen to Pearl Jam concerts on Sirius, or the Playboy channel. :wink:

Playing "Mouse trap" is a b@#TCh.. I don't recommend it.

Listening to some killer tunes from the Dead, The Band, The Allmans.....or The Jayhawks (for you Minnesota folk)

All while looking out for the jacka$$ who is texting in front of us. :(

Toss Talledega Nights on a DVD player and laugh, and laugh, and laugh, and laugh and laugh, and laugm, and laugh, and laugh, and laugh, and laugh.

Back