Tried Stubbs Pork Marinade... with pr0n

caseydog

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Stubbs marinades were on 2-fer sale, so I decided to try them. I used the chicken marinade a few weeks ago, and it was good pretty good, but not outstanding, and I used the pork chop marinade yesterday on a nice, bone-in, thick-cut pork chop.

The Pork Marinade marinade was REALLY good. :thumb:

After a little over an hour marinading, I tossed it on the grill, starting with indirect heat. I took the leftover marinade to a boil, and used it to mop the chop before finishing it over high heat. I also sauced it a bit before eating.

It has great, complex flavor. It is also spicy, so you could get by with just marinading with it, and not mopping. Definitely don't sauce with it unless you like some heat. It was fine for me, but probably too spicy for some folks.

Anyway, if you have thought about trying the Stubbs marinades, go for it. Especially the Pork Marinade.

picture.php

CD

very nice lookin chop, great score on the stubbs and yes, the pork marinade is good, so is the beef.

great looking chop, I saw the Stubbs on the shelf last week and was going to try it but hate trying new stuff, but with that recommendation I will give it a try.

I agree the pork marinade is top shelf stuff. The beef......well not so good IMHO.

Back