How to make a bacon weave (tutorial)

Bob, what do you use to clean up your cutting board afterwards? I ask because like you I have a wooden one. I usually try to lay down wax paper or foil before doing a bacon weave just to make the clean up less of a hassle but sometimes I'm in a rush and just lay it right on the wood. Chlorox and water?

I'm glad you asked, I love my cutting board! (weird, I know!)

I use Greased Lightning with a scouring pad, then wipe it off with a paper towel. I got turned on to Greased Lightning by Rod Gray at the Pellet Envy class in KC (they're one of his sponsors). The stuff is really great at cutting grease and oil!

Next, I hit it with water/bleach. I keep that mix in spray bottle in the counter under the sink. Then I dry it, once again with paper towel.

Finally, I wipe it down with some mineral oil (food grade), again with a paper towel. I go through a lot of paper towels!

I use this process pretty much every time I use the board for something messy, it's not as hard as it sounds and it goes very quickly. The board is now a few years old, and still looks like new. It was a great investment, and I take good care of it.

Very cool, You guys will make me look like a real farker much quicker than trying to figure this all out on my own. I have learned so much in such a short time it is scary. Hmbrewr

Which Greased Lightning product are you using? They have a multi-purpose, orange blast, bleach powered or antibacterial kitchen cleaner. I'd like to try it. Thx.

Which Greased Lightning product are you using? They have a multi-purpose, orange blast, bleach powered or antibacterial kitchen cleaner. I'd like to try it. Thx.

I use the multi-purpose. I think it cuts the grease best. I disinfect with the water/bleach mix.

Thanks Mr. Bob! We get extremely lean bacon here, but it is nice to have this as a guide!

You should call it the "Bob-n-weave" if you're a boxing fan! Thanks for the pix.

I should have known to look here first. I attempted my first fatty yesterday, and to say the least my weave looked more like my 2 year old daughter did it. it worked but it was sure ugly. Thanks to you Mister Bob, and everyone else who shares their knowledge around here.

Very nice tutorial....very well explained and the pics show the step by step so well.......Hmmm......theres a mod of this forming in my head right now.....Let's replace the bacon with puff pastry dough strips.......nice fancy little twist for wellington.

i used this to make my fist weave this weekend! many thanks!

Back