Team Name?

jasonjax

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I'm thinking of competing for the first time in a contest near home. I've been thinking about a BBQ name, and I was wondering if there is draw-backs to it being too long etc. My neighbor's wife wanted me to call it something a little scandalous in my opinion, but I thought a different version of it might be fitting ...so without further adieu:

"It's All Pink In The Smoke Ring"

Any thoughts?

The only draw backs to a long name would be if you were having shirts or something made up. You may want to think of a name that would be conducive to a logo as well- Not sure about the name you have chosen-:icon_blush:

Log onto KCBS.us and look at thier list of team names, or check right here on the sticky at the top of the comp section. There are lots of varieties of team names.

I've definitely see worse than the one you propose, although I think most are 5 words or less (not scientific, just a guess)

Defintly a good saying, but very long for a name.

I think Mike and Tim will sell you the rights to Grim Repear Smokers!!!

Every team needs a good slogan and I think you've found yours :thumb:...but I would rethink it as a team name, it is a bit long.

I have no problem with the double meaning thingie, heck, I came up with fatties didn't I? My problem is that it is too long IMHO. I prefer:pink Smoke Ring. Three words or less is the norm.

Two In The Pink BBQ - "It's All Pink In The Smoke Ring"

:becky:

A couple of thoughts that have been mentioned already.

1. "Short and simple" is good.

2. "Gross" (whatever that is) is not good.
We have a couple of teams down here with names that refer to body parts and foul odors.
Does not bother me, but I have heard comments that a number of folks (mostly ladies) do not appreciate nor see the need to "go there".

3. Think ahead a bit and consider what might be appropriate if you get serious and into catering, vending, and all of that.
May never happen, but.....

Just some things to consider.

TIM

Back