MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:08 PM   #16
TheBill
Knows what a fatty is.

I love mine...works like a champ.

The ONLY knock is that it is difficult to read the temp from the igrill....but I just stopped looking and pulled up my phone.
TheBill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2013, 09:36 PM   #17
Roo-B-Q'N
is One Chatty Farker

[QUOTE=bmoorhouse;2347156]I bake pizzas on my Kamado Joe at 500-550 degrees. I also enjoy searing my steaks at about 650-700. While I wouldn't walk away from the grill while actually cooking them at that temp, it would be nice to walk away after lighting the grill and let the iGrill warn me as it passes through 550 on its way up. And though I haven't tried them myself yet, I have read several recipes for baking on the Kamados that use temps above 400.QUOTE]

Never thought about using an probe for short cook items such as pizza's. Baking makes sense, but like cast iron cooking I wait until I can start to smell the food and know it is almost done.

I don't mess with moving the fatty around once it is on the cooker. I just let it be until it is done. Have you looked into armadillo eggs yet? Do a search for them.
Large Spicewine, Backwoods Smoker (Party), WSM, Oklahoma Joe's Offset, Wood Fired Oven
Roo-B-Q'N is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2013, 09:42 PM   #18
bmoorhouse
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo-B-Q'N View Post
Never thought about using an probe for short cook items such as pizza's. Baking makes sense, but like cast iron cooking I wait until I can start to smell the food and know it is almost done.

I don't mess with moving the fatty around once it is on the cooker. I just let it be until it is done. Have you looked into armadillo eggs yet? Do a search for them.
The eggs look good. Unfortunately, I am the only one in the house who likes jalapeños. Might have to try a few for myself though :)
bmoorhouse is offline   Reply With Quote