MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-05-2013, 04:58 PM   #1
jmoney7269
Banned

Default I just hit the farking mother load!!!!

All I can say is wow, I'm having one of those "pay it forward" kinda days. To start the day off, I only had 1 truck delivery so I came out from my area and offered any one help that needed some. Since we fired 3 department heads I'm havin to teach newbies a lot of the hands on stuff about inventory/logistics. After helping a few employees I helped an old man in the parking lot load up some garden tables he was trying to wrestle onto his truck, set my sunglasses down (costa harpoon 580's) and forgot em. Came back and went on about my day. The customers truck I left em on brought em back to me. Then my manager tells me we have ASM leaving to go to another store and they want to interview me for the new position. Not knowing how long before I can get my food truck, this promotion would definitely help. Then My buddy Bradley who is the manager at a big time BBQ shop facebooked me since he doesn't have service in the BBQ rooms, walk ins or meat prep area. Said he got a big pallet of nationals in and they look promising. I'm on the way! Even left work early lol! We only went through 1/2 pallet and I got 8 magnificent packers for upcoming comps. Oh man having one heck of a good day! Then the owner of the shop comes out and asked if I had the pictures we discussed about him hanging above the serving line. I said yeah that cool, I will bring em by. We also spoke about my food truck and where I'm gonna get the meat from in the future for comps and food service. He said if we put one of his logos on it +certified angus beef and tell people he is my supplier for meats I could get all of my meats from them for just $.10/lb above cost. To keep me from having to order a pallet at a time from a supplier. I said deal, we shook hands and he said if your anything like your grandpa this is gonna be a good venture for both of us. My grandpa used to buy his steers from Johnny before he passed and they always did business on a handshake. I actually had to wipe a tear away because all the good memories rushed in again of me making my first business deal with my grandpa on a hand shake on my first lawn equipment, and so on. He said you got cookoffs coming up it looks like, consider these briskets a down payment their on the house as he poured another cup of coffee. i just got glassy eyed writing this post. I hope that others have had such a blessed day also!

jmoney7269 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2013, 05:02 PM   #2
Teamfour
is Blowin Smoke!

Go play the lottery!

Smokin-n-Style BBQ Team - Pitmaster
Lagniappe Chili Team - Head Cook
KCBS CBJ
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-05-2013, 05:03 PM   #3
Titch
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Titch :-)

nice post mate

Old 07-05-2013, 05:04 PM   #4
cameraman
Babbling Farker

Good on ya bro.
Smokey Joe (RIP)
a dorky little headlamp[/COLOR]
cameraman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2013, 05:07 PM   #5
Hdhillin
Full Fledged Farker

What a great start to the weekend....congratulations on all that.
Hdhillin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2013, 05:08 PM   #6
LMAJ

Looks good! Congrats.
1 Large BGE and table - 8/29/12
1300 Timberline 5/26/17
1 18.5 WSM
Super Fast BLUE and REDThermopen
1 - Fantastic hubby - the original Big Al
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. - Robert Brault
LMAJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2013, 05:16 PM   #7
tpope
Full Fledged Farker

Hope that it works out for you like the handshake. I appreciate taking a man at his word.

Be happy to help you with graphic design.. PM me

Last edited by tpope; 07-05-2013 at 06:14 PM..
tpope is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #8
Wolfpack
Knows what a fatty is.

People that treat others well often get it in return. This speaks volumes for how you are viewed by people who know you.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2013, 05:43 PM   #9
Icekub
On the road to being a farker

Great looking briskets! Looks like you know how to pick em. Do you just go from the looks or do you try to get idea of the flop?
Icekub is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2013, 05:50 PM   #10
Bonewagon
Babbling Farker

Congratulations!

Big Steel Keg, WSM, OTG, PBC, Kamado Joe Jr., Carson Rodizio, and a Super Fast [I]and[/I] Accurate [COLOR="Blue"]Blue[/COLOR] Splash-Proof Thermapen
Bonewagon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2013, 05:51 PM   #11
deguerre

Great good fortune has smiled upon you in repayment for a kindness you did someone.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2013, 06:02 PM   #12
davefan360
Take a breath!

good day for sure until your wife sees that you put all that meat on the sofa. JK. pay it forward.

Old 07-05-2013, 06:16 PM   #13
buccaneer

What a great post, and great day!
now, go out and find that old guy who took off with your sunnies and kick him in the nutsack

[COLOR="rgb(255, 250, 205)"]joke man![/COLOR]

Old 07-05-2013, 06:17 PM   #14
jmoney7269
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icekub View Post
Great looking briskets! Looks like you know how to pick em. Do you just go from the looks or do you try to get idea of the flop?
I have to look at em for color of fat and marbling, touch em to feel the fat and weight, flex em to feel the internal fat, and speculate where I would take my turn in slices from. Very specific for comps, I will cook anything at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davefan360 View Post
good day for sure until your wife sees that you put all that meat on the sofa. JK. pay it forward.
Yeah if that was the inside couch I would have been paid with a forward foot in the butt. It's the Motorhome couch, she knows I make a mess in it. I age them in that fridge since it never gets opened. You should see the poor thing after a Cookoff, she is literally chasin me around with a windex disinfectant spray bottle
jmoney7269 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #15
Fishawn
is one Smokin' Farker

Awesome!