Brisket Picado

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I finally got the software upgraded for The Survival Gourmet and started writing again. I thought I would share the recipe I made up last night for Brisket Picado.

Let me know what you think...

Brisket Picado

Steak Picado is a Mexican that consists of cubed or chopped steak with Bell Pepper, Onion and tomato. The ingredients are simmered slowly, letting the flavors meld into a wonderful, spicy beef stew.
Now you know that I love to improvise with whatever I can find in the house so here is my own version, called Brisket Picado.

Ingredients:

1 large onion, chopped
2 Jalapenos, diced (bell peppers are expensive right now!)
2 tbsp Olive Oil

1 lb. cooked brisket, cubed (use any leftover beef you might have)
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp Chili Powder
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp Kosher salt
1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
1 15oz. can diced tomatoes

2 cups cooked rice (cook in chicken broth for more flavor)

Pour the oil into a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions and Jalapeños. Cook until the onions are soft and almost see-thru.
Add all of the rest of the ingredients except the rice. Mix well. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve over rice.

Don’t just love a simple dish that doesn’t use a lot of dishes?

Enjoy!

Bigmista

The Survival Gourmet

tr.png

Nice recipe. I am gonna try it with some left over brisket in the fridge. Thanks for sharing!

I just read that on your blog today. I'm gonna send the wife out for the rest of the ingredients this weekend.

Picado is some good stuff. Some cubed maters and cilantro and jap will kick it up notch. Picado burritos are some good eating.

Picado is some good stuff. Some cubed maters and cilantro and jap will kick it up notch. Picado burritos are some good eating.

There are diced tomatoes and japs in the recipe.

Hard gettin old, ain't it?

Can't find my farkin camera! I think the dog had something to do with it!

I'm going to try that next time I smoke a chuckie (there is never any left over brisket).

If I don't get some pics soon, I am going to stop worshiping the Great Mista!

Can't find my farkin camera! I think the dog had something to do with it!

Dang Bigmista thats all you kept saying at the bash, where's my camera? You must have snuck that Cabo bottle out of my hand LOL Oh yeah the recipe is looking good:icon_bigsmil

Sounds great! Looking forward to the Survival Gourmet up and running again, I'd starve if I wasn't improvising!

What ^^^^ he said.:biggrin: Where's that darn dog..:twisted: Sounds good Mista, never heard or tried somthimg like this, but I will now!!8)

Back