MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:22 PM   #1
monty3777
is One Chatty Farker

Default Thoughts on an Extreme BBQ Trailer

I have been looking at these for some time. Within the next year or so I will be able to start competing with my kids, and when that time comes I think I'd like to have one of the Competitor Series trailers. Before I talk with James I would be interested in some of your thoughts. He has a spec sheet here http://www.extremebbqtrailers.com/Ex...tor-1-4-10.doc

The base price of the trailer seems very reasonable. As for the extras, can some of you with similar trailers help me decide what is actually necessary and what is more of a luxury?

FWIW, I will be mounting at least one FEC on the porch.

I thank you, and my kids thank you!

Old 06-16-2010, 01:39 PM   #2
KC_Bobby
Babbling Farker

How about a custom built Q'chen instead? Say for instance, a 2005 24' Haulmark Thrifty cargo with 30 amp power, AC and 20 foot awning.

Pricing could depend on which features you'd like to keep in the trailer.
Proud KCBS Member & Certified Judge

KC_Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2010, 01:45 PM   #3
monty3777
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Bobby View Post
How about a custom built Q'chen instead? Say for instance, a 2005 24' Haulmark Thrifty cargo with 30 amp power, AC and 20 foot awning.

Pricing could depend on which features you'd like to keep in the trailer.
I'm flattered that you think I'm man enough to own something that can pull that beautiful thing!

Are you seriously selling it?

Old 06-16-2010, 01:50 PM   #4
KC_Bobby
Babbling Farker

Everything's for sale if the right buyer can be found.

I'm interested in something a little smaller and lighter, but I have no immediate plans on changing trailers. I'd really be interested in a set up that would have a BWS and FE mounted on the side instead of back. Not sure how that would handle well with 800# directly on one side.
Proud KCBS Member & Certified Judge

KC_Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2010, 01:53 PM   #5
monty3777
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Bobby View Post
Everything's for sale if the right buyer can be found.

I'm interested in something a little smaller and lighter, but I have no immediate plans on changing trailers.
You know I'm a big fan of your rig, but I'm thinking the same thing as you. Especially with kids. I will have something else for us to sleep in.

Old 06-16-2010, 02:06 PM   #6
Big Ugly's BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

That's a helluva rig, you must be very proud. We are eventually going to need a larger trailer. We are quickly growing out of our little 5x10 Haulmark Transport. When I take the kids with me, I either set a cot for them up in the trailer, or they lay out in the back of my truck. Having the shell on top really helps. Cabelas has a sleep roll large enough to lay in the bed, and its pretty comfy.

James is great to deal with, been talking to him for quite a while. As soon as the $$ are available, we will be ordering.

Last edited by Big Ugly's BBQ; 06-16-2010 at 03:34 PM..
Big Ugly's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-16-2010, 02:42 PM   #7
QueTPiesBBQ
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty3777 View Post
I have been looking at these for some time. Within the next year or so I will be able to start competing with my kids, and when that time comes I think I'd like to have one of the Competitor Series trailers. Before I talk with James I would be interested in some of your thoughts. He has a spec sheet here http://www.extremebbqtrailers.com/Ex...tor-1-4-10.doc

The base price of the trailer seems very reasonable. As for the extras, can some of you with similar trailers help me decide what is actually necessary and what is more of a luxury?

FWIW, I will be mounting at least one FEC on the porch.

I thank you, and my kids thank you!

Great trailers, and with a FEC mounted on one of them. Your will be da bomb. You will not find a nicer/honest guy than James, he will go out of his way to make sure you get exactly what you are looking for in a trailer. I have owned an extreme bbq trailer and have to say it is a nice rig. Then sold it to another brethren and I am in the process of getting a bigger trailer.

Thanks from:--->