Frozen cheesesteak meat

jamaicamon

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Anyone know a good frozen brand of meat for cheesesteak? I really dont like Steak ems so much at the grocery store, I was hoping there might be a better product out there like at RD or Sams. I am saving up for a meat slicer but until then.....

I've gotten "Shaved Steak" from the grocery store. I don't even look for the frozen stuff.

Anyone know a good frozen brand of meat for cheesesteak? I really dont like Steak ems so much at the grocery store, I was hoping there might be a better product out there like at RD or Sams. I am saving up for a meat slicer but until then.....

Come on who doesn't enjoy a 100 calorie per slice steak em. Need at least 8 to make a sandwich and you can fry fries with all the grease that's left:caked:

Seriously though i don't know. I'm interested to see the answers. I have had the best luck with shaved steak as well from the local grocery store.

No RD's near me so I just buy a boneless ribeye and chuck it up into 4" thick pieces. Freeze slightly and run it through my slicer. Before I got the slicer I just used my big butchers knife.

Good stuff!

Don't know if Publix is a far up the coast as VA but I'm sure there are others. I routinely buy 3-4 pound boneless ribeye roasts on sale and ask them to thin slice, about 1/16"-1/8" then I portion into about one pound vacuum packs. Works great for cheese steaks, Korean bulgogi beef etc.

Don't know if Publix is a far up the coast as VA but I'm sure there are others. I routinely buy 3-4 pound boneless ribeye roasts on sale and ask them to thin slice, about 1/16"-1/8" then I portion into about one pound vacuum packs. Works great for cheese steaks, Korean bulgogi beef etc.

Thats a great idea. I have a foodsaver so thats a great option vs frozen steaks

Yep - find some on sale and get the butcher to slice it up for you.

The Meijer near me sells shaved ribeye from the meat counter. It might be worth asking at your favorite place if they already have it.

Yeah, I get ribeye sliced thin. Usually have to special order it.

Back