Pork shoulder and a Gila monster

pjess50

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I cooked a pork shoulder on the kettle with the Slow N Sear. I haven't tried it yet... but while it was cooking I decided to take a drive into the desert and came across this beautiful Gila monster.

Attachments

• 20170325_180147.jpg
    20170325_180147.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 223
  • 20160507_073559.jpg
    20160507_073559.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 223
No, me no touchy. They are venomous and I don't want to be that guy on the evening news that everyone shakes their head at. I just look from the safety of the truck.

Last edited:
The venomous nature of the Gila is what made me click on this post!

Glad you left him alone and great pic from the truck!

Knew a girl once with a pet gila monster. Handled it with welding gloves. Those jaws sure do clamp down hard!

I cooked a pork shoulder on the kettle with the Slow N Sear. I haven't tried it yet....
I'm confused. :twitch: How could you not try it yet? It looks really good and I bet it smells even better!

I'm confused. :twitch: How could you not try it yet? It looks really good and I bet it smells even better!

I did eat just after the picture... It was good. I'm truly a newbie with this bbq stuff but with just a couple simple cookers I have done ok! My family thinks it's awesome anyway.

On a side note, I love to see snakes, lizards, scorpions and spiders.... all of which we have plenty of here in the desert.

Back