Shack Attack BBQ Sauce Recipe

Boshizzle

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Here is a delicious version of an old VA BBQ sauce inspired by a VA BBQ man named Shack. I drink this stuff straight, that's how good it is. It has no sugar in it, so sweet sauce fans may want to stay away.

1 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup of your favorite hot sauce
1 Tablespoon (TBS) Paprika
1 TBS Black Pepper
1 TBS Kitchen Salt
2 TBS Yellow Mustard (French)

Mix well, let sit for at least 24 to 48 hours before serving for best results. I blend it in my Ninja, that's why it's about 16 ounces total.

picture.php

Last edited:
Kitchen salt? Regular iodized table salt?

Is there a reason for this? Does it matter? I don't think I've had table salt in my house in 10 years.

Table salt because that's what the old timers used. If you use sea or kosher you will have to adjust the amounts.

Sounds like something I would like.

Safe to assume that this is gonna be predominantly a pork and chicken sauce?

Thanks for posting looks like a good pulled pork sandwich sauce.

That's better

Maldon Sea Salt...now that I've heard of. I'm not sure I'd use Maldon Sea Salt. It's really classified as a finishing salt, some even think it's better than Fluer de Sel. But I'll see if I can come up with a conversion. The much smaller salt flakes make it a little harder to figure out.

Nice color. Do you use that everything, or pork only, etc. Just how hot spicy is it???!!!

It's made for pork and probably best on it. But I've eaten it on beef, a salad (it's not a bad salad dressing either :laugh:), and chicken.

Nice color. Do you use that everything, or pork only, etc. Just how hot spicy is it???!!!

It's as spicy as you want to make it depending on the type of hot sauce you like. You can vary the amounts of HS and pepper to your taste.

I had to have some of this, made a batch and marinated chicken breast in it for about 5 hours and then onto the grill (yea, it's the gasser, it's Monday) and then used the sauce on the chicken when served, this stuff is really flavorful and adds a great different taste to chicken, can't wait to try it on pork.

Attachments

• IMG_1019.jpg
    IMG_1019.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 2,265
  • IMG_1020.jpg
    IMG_1020.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 2,253
Back