A Few Oysters

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I love oysters but am pretty picky about where I purchase them here in Oklahoma. lol I didn't find any at my local seafood place so I opted for some from Louisiana..

Tcv8OOe.jpg

These came from Terry's out of Port Sulfur La..

ZPfLOkU.jpg

kyJL7PE.jpg

I fried a few first...

ztWff5m.jpg

nbWAvNb.jpg

Then made a compound butter for some on the grill..

IDbdoot.jpg

I didn't have shells, so I used the little stainless holders.
I put 2 oysters into each "shell".

dbDAhhx.jpg

jVhgg0G.jpg

aEZJe59.jpg

Nothing to do but sit back and watch em plump.

CYCDr0D.jpg

I added more compound butter and herbs when needed..

4UwtK5b.jpg

pQ1tUas.jpg

also added cheese...

w8wsP70.jpg

XmLRVNa.jpg

eydxRMj.jpg

Hit em with tabasco and served with a cold beer...

YoHCaIZ.jpg

Nothing fancy, but were pretty tasty. I'll be buying them again, when I can't find fresh here. :grin:

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Those look amazing! Sadly, I go to Walmart and buy them already half shucked so I can char grill them.

Those look amazing! Sadly, I go to Walmart and buy them already half shucked so I can char grill them.

That would be nice! Wish they carried them here. Thanks! :-D

Thanks a lot! You have me craving oysters big time. :hungry: Nobody else in my house will eat them, so I am going to have to pull a side supper oyster fry for one soon.

By the way, nice job!! :thumb:

I need a napkin just lookin at 'em! ~And a cold beer to?

Nice Jeanie!
lol Thanks Bob! I had plenty of Coors Light on hand. :grin:
I don't make oysters often but I would if I lived closer to the ocean. :laugh:
Hope you have a great weekend!

Thanks a lot! You have me craving oysters big time. :hungry: Nobody else in my house will eat them, so I am going to have to pull a side supper oyster fry for one soon.

By the way, nice job!! :thumb:

Great Jeremy! Hope you cook some up and share your pics and recipe. I don't have a favorite way to fix them, I'm always looking for ideas. Thanks! :grin:

I am with you on oysters. Those makeshift shells were the most creative thing I have seen in a long time. I'm like Jeremy, no one around here eats them but me, so I may have to do the same and cook them for myself. They looked marvelous, by the way!!

Those look absolutely amazing. I won't eat raw oysters but love them grilled. Where did you find the stainless oyster shells?

I am with you on oysters. Those makeshift shells were the most creative thing I have seen in a long time. I'm like Jeremy, no one around here eats them but me, so I may have to do the same and cook them for myself. They looked marvelous, by the way!!

Thanks Ron! I'm picky about where they come from.. lol Hope you take pics when you cook a batch. I'd love to see a new way to make them! :grin:

Great Jeremy! Hope you cook some up and share your pics and recipe. I don't have a favorite way to fix them, I'm always looking for ideas. Thanks! :grin:

Jeanie, I never make them fancy, when I do at all. Usually I eat them at a restaraunt when I can find them. Occasionally at a family fish fry, I will bring a small bucket pre-shucked and sneak them in the cornmeal batter to share. I really like them over fire, and the way you did them in the makeshift shells... awesome x 10!!

Looks good

Thanks KingRanch! :grin:

Those look absolutely amazing. I won't eat raw oysters but love them grilled. Where did you find the stainless oyster shells?

Thank you Carl! I've had the shells for a few years. I'm sure I probably got them through Amazon. Sorry I can't remember the name of the company.
The shells are fairly large but they're nice for other seafood blends too... shrimp, etc.. :grin:

Jeanie, I never make them fancy, when I do at all. Usually I eat them at a restaraunt when I can find them. Occasionally at a family fish fry, I will bring a small bucket pre-shucked and sneak them in the cornmeal batter to share. I really like them over fire, and the way you did them in the makeshift shells... awesome x 10!!

Thanks Jeremy... I bet both your cornmeal battered and grilled oysters are fantastic! Shoot, I bet your family fish fry is awesome too! lol Now I'm hungry for fish. lol :laugh:

AMAZING Jeanie!!! You say "Nothing Fancy", but they look BEAUTIFUL to me!!! Oysters are one of my favorites. Won't eat them raw, but I'd definitely smash those!!! :thumb:

Looks fantastic! I LOVE oysters, especially on the grill. Those stainless holders are genius and look like the real thing!

It's pretty hard to find fresh oysters where I live. I have to drive down to Apalachicola, FL, if I want really fresh oysters on a shell. My local Costco sometimes carries shucked oysters, and I buy this when I see it.
JVtPCudl.jpg

I cook it plain in a pie pan.
gfnmt40l.jpg

And I like dipping the oysters in chogochujang, which is popular spicy Korean seafood dipping sauce. https://mykoreankitchen.com/sweet-tangy-and-spicy-korean-dipping-sauce/
Pavz5Tdl.jpg

Nothing beats oysters and cold beer!

AMAZING Jeanie!!! You say "Nothing Fancy", but they look BEAUTIFUL to me!!! Oysters are one of my favorites. Won't eat them raw, but I'd definitely smash those!!! :thumb:

Thanks Joe! Nice to hear you're a fan too! I'd sure eat them more often if they were available.. :becky:

Looks fantastic! I LOVE oysters, especially on the grill. Those stainless holders are genius and look like the real thing!

It's pretty hard to find fresh oysters where I live. I have to drive down to Apalachicola, FL, if I want really fresh oysters on a shell. My local Costco sometimes carries shucked oysters, and I buy this when I see it.
JVtPCudl.jpg

I cook it plain in a pie pan.
gfnmt40l.jpg

And I like dipping the oysters in chogochujang, which is popular spicy Korean seafood dipping sauce. https://mykoreankitchen.com/sweet-tangy-and-spicy-korean-dipping-sauce/
Pavz5Tdl.jpg

Nothing beats oysters and cold beer!

Heck, that looks and sounds great!! Thank so much for the recipe and info on the dip. I'm definitely giving that a try!
Sometimes my grocery store has shucked, I'll see what brand they are.
Thanks for the post!! :grin:

• Thanks
Reactions: ulc
those look great, Jeannie. I like those shells. Really handy. I ordered some scallop shells from Amazon a couple years ago and used them. Big enough for 2-3 oysters but I like those better. I finally learned how to shuck oysters this past winter. Not a big deal.
Just never tried it.

Oyster season is over here and with hot bay water not a good time to eat raw gulf oysters. But okay for frying or grilling for sure.

those look great, Jeannie. I like those shells. Really handy. I ordered some scallop shells from Amazon a couple years ago and used them. Big enough for 2-3 oysters but I like those better. I finally learned how to shuck oysters this past winter. Not a big deal.
Just never tried it.

Oyster season is over here and with hot bay water not a good time to eat raw gulf oysters. But okay for frying or grilling for sure.

Thanks Chingador... Aren't those shells handy! I envy you for living so close to fresh seafood. I bet the oysters you get there are pretty danged tasty! Thanks for the hot water info. I'll keep that in mind! :grin:

Back