Kosmos Steak

The texas rub was not one of my favorites...toss it for the SPG...much better.
I did this tonight. Didn't have the Kosmos SPG, but I put down a layer of Killer Hogs AP and then the Cow Cover Hot over that. Really good flavor. Hope it isn't the rose colored glasses due to it being the first cook on my new PKTX

I did this tonight. Didn't have the Kosmos SPG, but I put down a layer of Killer Hogs AP and then the Cow Cover Hot over that. Really good flavor. Hope it isn't the rose colored glasses due to it being the first cook on my new PKTX

What did you think of the PK?

I did one with Cow Cover Hot and their Texas rub the other day. There was something off about it. My PK arrives on Friday so I plan on many trials to hopefully get the same results as you.

The Texas rub has some citrus flavors in it, so unless that's something you usually put on beef, it's not going to work too well on a steak. I used a combo of the Texas Rub and Cow Cover Hot at a competition and the judges really didn't like it at all ; comment cards came back with "too sour." haha

What did you think of the PK?

I hesitated on getting it because of the price tag, but now that I have it I love it. Perfect size for my needs and great build quality. The travel cart is really cool too. Considering that I will be cooking on it multiple times per week all year long it was money well spent.

Back