First Post, First Fattie (Pron)

---k---

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I joined the brethren last week and got introduced to "The Fattie." So, I wasted no time and lit up the smoker this afternoon and threw my first Fattie.

I used the JD Reduced Fat Pork Sausage, because that is what the wife had in the freezer. I stuffed it with a mixture of green peppers, red peppers, onion, and Monterrey jack cheese. The inside and outside got a light sprinkle of Gary Wivoitt's Rudimentary Rub (salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder and cayenne pepper) for a hint of heat. I used my ECB, Kingsford, and some hickory to cook it for 2 hrs at 220F, then foiled for and hour at 220F, then cooler for an hour.

The results were Awesome!

You guys have really set the bar high with some of your posts. I tried to live up to your standards.

Last edited:
That's kind of how I did my first fatty I just love to stuff them with peppers. Congrats on your first time.

Nice fattie. Way better looking than my first attempt...
Keep up the good work and have fun...
BTW welcome to our forum of group therapy :-D

Looks fine as frog hairs from here.:thumb:

I think I'm going to have to hang out here a bit more to figure that one out. ;)

I forgot to mention, while the Fattie was in the cooler, the smoker got opened up and the corn and potatoes went on. The corn had soaked in water for an hour or so. The potatoes got wrapped in foil with a bit of oil, Lawry's seasoning salt, and the left over peppers and onion that wouldn't fit inside the fattie. Smoked at about 310F for 45 mins. Perfect!

I appreciate the compliments. Tomorrow is some fresh wild Salmon.

Great looking fattie! Nice feast too. :-D

Looks great, nice going.
Your first time is always special!
Bet it tasted even better.

looks great.. i never made one before! i'm gonna have to try this soon

Back