THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Midnight Smoke

somebody shut me the fark up.
Friend asked me if they could freeze some Tri Tip they had seasoned with some Montreal seasoning.

Not sure why they want to, but that is the question. Seems like a reasonable idea.

Any reason it's a bad idea? My thought was the salt content may have a negative effect, at least on the outer edges.

Any Comments or Thoughts?

i would think that no salt rubs woud be ok... but anything with high quantities of salt will turn everything into bacon, prosciutto, slim jim, etc.. :)

Sounds like a fun experiment to try... I just don't know if I could leave bbq meat in the freezer long enough to assertain useful results. :) Maybe if someone else is better at avoiding temptation...?

{Midnight ☼ Smoke};1171786 said:
That is what I was thinking, then I thought, what do you use on Icy streets, Salt. Seems it would be a issue on meat as well????

That depends on how cold your freezer is, salt just reduces the freezing point of water, it won't keep water from freezing for good. As for how much it reduces it, well, I can't remember that from my engineering chemistry courses. :icon_blush:

Drying might be a problem though, as I believe that's what freezer burn mostly is.

Back