Comfort Food

zydecopaws

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
At least tonight it was... Can anyone explain to me why hot dogs and sausages now come in packages of 7, while buns all seem to come in packages that are multiples of 8. Don’t the bakers and the butchers ever talk to each other, or is this some sort of dark conspiracy to make us go out and buy more of each so that they come out right?

But I digress. Outdoor cooking was required therapy for spending the last 3 days parked in front of a computer screen banging out, well, stuff. And since I got a late start, it was sausages, hot dogs, trashbag potatoes, OPM (onions, peppers, and mushrooms, not other peoples money), and some brandied pears for dessert. Now that you've put up with my rambling, here's the pron.

Not much room left on the grill:

img_0706.jpg

The main course:

img_0707.jpg

Dessert (before the ice cream):

img_0708.jpg

I feel better already and it isn't even Friday yet...

whats up with the stuff in the basket? u grilling potatos like that?

Those be trashbag potatoes. The basket keeps most of them from sacrificing themselves to the BBQ gods that live under the grill down in the coals. Call me selfish, but we'd rather have them than give them up to those hungry gods...

Good lookin' grub there!

I just noticed the 7 weiners in a package (think it was Hebrew National) the other day.

Looks great!:cool:

Oh, BTW, the extra bun is there because someone always tears up one bun reacing in and pulling them apart. So they give you an extr one so you don't have to use a mangled bun, and have good quality buns for your hot dogs or sausage.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:biggrin:

Looks great!:cool:

Oh, BTW, the extra bun is there because someone always tears up one bun reacing in and pulling them apart. So they give you an extr one so you don't have to use a mangled bun, and have good quality buns for your hot dogs or sausage.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:biggrin:

You mean I'm not supposed to tell the kids it's their fault and to be grateful they have buns at all when I give them the mangled buns? Dang, I bet they're warped for life...:shock:

Back