Bubba Keg.........EGG

BobBrisket

Reaction score
From the company that brings you Bubba Mugs.......The Bubba Keg. Saw it at HD this weekend for 799.00:shock: Seemed pretty heavy, but LOTS of plastic.
http://www.getyourbubbakeg.com/
3346222647_d905ef2170_b.jpg

It comes with an attachment that allows you to hook it up and carry it on the back of your truck using the tow hitch.
Inside had a two level rack system. Porcelain coated from what I remember. This other guy came up and started looking at it too. He said, " what the hell is that?" and "Why does it cost so much?"

It comes with an attachment that allows you to hook it up and carry it on the back of your truck using the tow hitch.

Classic. I guess with a name like Bubba Keg you wouldn't be throwing it in the back of a BMW :biggrin:

thanks for sharing

mick

Craptastic!!

Can't wait to see them on craigslist!

How big is it? I can't get to their site from work. Is it about the size of a Large Egg?

Wow. Steel wall construction with insulation in between, removable side trays, some good ideas for the grates, high performance lid seal, truck receiver,wire mesh to keep the sparks in, #'d dampers... they thought of it all but I will stay with my UDS.

Dang, I've been in the market for a large BGE for awhile now...and actually I wanted a way to transport it with my truck between my house and lake house...this seems to fit the bill. Maybe when it comes down to $399 on clearance I'll try it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5S5rzCwKeQ

Here is some more info on it. I have to admit I am a little curious. This would definitely be more practical than a egg with it not being as fragile or heavy. Hard to believe it is as expensive as it is. The video is incredibly corny.

Have to agree the video is incredibly corny.... but like u I'm curious.... if the price was half I might be real interested

The only thing missing is an indirect piece. It is a pretty neat little package, but way overpriced.

We've got a demo unit bring delivered in the near future, so we'll put it through the ringer and let everyone know how it performs. Here's a quote from their spec sheet:

The new BUBBA KEG Convection Grill has been engineered to deliver the highest quality thermal convection-style cooking. BUBBA KEG Convection Grill is perfect for grilling your traditional backyard favorites, but also changes the game with high-temperature searing, fire-oven baking, oven-style roasting, smoking or slow cooking capabilities. From grilling steaks to roasting chicken to baking cookies, BUBBA KEG is the ultimate outdoor cooking machine.

We've got a demo unit bring delivered in the near future, so we'll put it through the ringer and let everyone know how it performs. Here's a quote from their spec sheet:

The new BUBBA KEG Convection Grill has been engineered to deliver the highest quality thermal convection-style cooking. BUBBA KEG Convection Grill is perfect for grilling your traditional backyard favorites, but also changes the game with high-temperature searing, fire-oven baking, oven-style roasting, smoking or slow cooking capabilities. From grilling steaks to roasting chicken to baking cookies, BUBBA KEG is the ultimate outdoor cooking machine.

Cool!!

Curt, SIDE and I have demo grills coming as well. I'm hoping to get mine tomorrow and bring to Little Rock.

It does have some well thought out features: the truck receiver, bottle opener, cast iron grate with the swing out second level, numbers on the daisy wheel and bottom damper.

The lack of an indirect deflector is a big missed opportunity.

Curt, SIDE and I have demo grills coming as well. I'm hoping to get mine tomorrow and bring to Little Rock.

Yep. I'm interested to take it for a spin. Will be cool to see the takes from BGE users, WSM users, etc.

Unless they decide to hook a brother up in exchange for some banner space, I'm thinkin I will compare todd's to my egg :)

Back