Shelf life for sauce?

Coz

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
any one know if there is a date code or how to know if Blues Hog is still considered "good"My friends wife found quart jars of Blues hog at a thrift store for 50 CENTS.Lids havent popped and the labels dont look all beat up.IS it wierd that my friends wives shop BBQ stuff for me?:eek:Of course they are all on the taste testing program.Come to work some days theres rolls of aluminum foil on the tool box.Sometimes a note that theres meat in the breakroom freezer.Must be getting better if they are bringin supplies now:p

Hey Coz, If there is no printing anywhere on the top, sides or bottoms and if the lids are still holding their seal then I would open up one and smell it to see if it smells funny, if not then I would do a finger taste and if it was OK from there then I would use it. Just my .02

I dated a girl in high school and her dad was a food scientist. He got angry if you put ketchuo in the fridge. He would spout on and on about the amount of sugar ib it would keep it from spoiling. I imagine most sauces are the same.

Coz,
I bought 4 bottles of Bullseye Chipotle from the Amish "dent" store. Bottles were dusty, no idea if there were date codes or not. But the sauce was still good. I think the vinegar is a preservative as well.

But, since I think Blues Hog tastes funny anyway, I wouldn't know the difference between a "good" bottle and a "bad" bottle.

Someday I am going to find that Amish dent store.The gal that brought me the sauce always gets those huge cans of iced tea for half a buck too.Most likely I would get in trouble with the wife if I went there anyways.:mad:

Back