BBQ Chicken w/ Red Beans and Rice...

keale

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Talk about "COMFORT" food. I did Bigmistas Red Beans and Rice...I used Portuguese Sausage, and Buckboard Bacon for the meat. Saute'ed onions, celery, and bell peppers w/ the meat. Rubbed the chicken w/ a "mixed up" rub... I made some "magic dust", and added SmokinGators hot wing rub...good stuff! Did it on the Weber, indirect w/ rancher and Guava wood. I really like the Weber for small cooks.
The beans were just awesome, had great compliments from friends who eat beans a lot...from Mexico originally. Will definetly make again, and this could be a meal in itself! Will add some jalapenos next time to bean mixture while simmering...Oh yeah will definitely double the recipe next time!

Attachments

• IMG_1293.jpg
    IMG_1293.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_1294.jpg
    IMG_1294.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_1295.jpg
    IMG_1295.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_1296.jpg
    IMG_1296.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_1297.jpg
    IMG_1297.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 268
Awesome, think i know what i'm making for dinner!!:biggrin:

gimme some more
rice n beans,
gimme some more
if you please

*reggae mod*

Way to go Keale. Nice combo of foods for the eye and gut.:icon_bigsmil

This was the first time I made this, and didn't really know what to look for,
I would reccomend anyone to make this, just follow mista's recipe..
I actually have another pot, now on the stove now, making a new batch, as most of the first one is gone...paying a little for it now though!!:eek:

Might fine looking stuff there Keale!:-D

I did Big Mista's beans and rice a couple of weeks ago and loved them.

I used andoullie (sp?) in it, REALLY good.

Nice looking stuff there. I am making just plain ole., BBQ chicken. no trim Mod.

Might fine looking stuff there Keale!:-D

I did Big Mista's beans and rice a couple of weeks ago and loved them.

I used andoullie (sp?) in it, REALLY good.

Red beans and rice beg for andouille. keale will probably not be able to find it locally. I've got a good recipe though. If you want to make some, just ask. Meat grinder, a stuffer, and casings are all you need. The ingredients are available at your local market. If not, I can send you some.

Red beans and rice is traditionally a Monday dish. I make them on Sunday all of the time though.

Beans and rice are truely one of the great dishes in the world. Funnay, most of the worl lives on beans and/or rice and they live longer than we do. Red, black, pinto, Kidney, I love 'em all. -m-m-m-m-m

Red beans and rice beg for andouille. keale will probably not be able to find it locally. I've got a good recipe though. If you want to make some, just ask. Meat grinder, a stuffer, and casings are all you need. The ingredients are available at your local market. If not, I can send you some.

Red beans and rice is traditionally a Monday dish. I make them on Sunday all of the time though.

Haven't learned to make sausage in casings yet,...I make the meat for fatties though... Is andouille like Portuguese Sausage? I've made only breakfast sausage filling yet...

oh man, thats some great looking grub. I have found a use for all those chickens I have frozen out in the garage.

Red Beans and Rice looks mighty fine there Roy....Fine looking chicken also..

Alright hang on to yourselves. This is one rice dish I can eat. :eek:

Back