MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:07 PM   #31
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke ninja View Post
Great, I have a cooker now but I'm saving for a real smoker.

Where the hell is all this "cooker/smoker" crap coming from. No one really said this when I fell off the planet. Why this obsession now with cooker/versus smoker?

Edict.
Pitmaster T is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2014, 09:09 PM   #32
smoke ninja
somebody shut me the fark up.

Sorry bad attempt at cross thread humor.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:17 PM   #33
RevZiLLa
is Blowin Smoke!

Truly a teacher

Brinkman water smokers (elec and charcoal)
Weber kettle grill
Uniflame Gold Stainless 5 burner propane grill / rotisserie
BBQ Grillware upright propane water smoker
A trench filled with wood coals and covered with chain link fence
RevZiLLa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2014, 09:23 PM   #34
Arristillius
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke ninja View Post
Sorry bad attempt at cross thread humor.
I thought it was funny :

I just did a 15 lb packer like this today. Wrapped in butcher paper at around 4 hours and it probed like buttah 2 hours later at 214, I think I ate half the brisket before my wife reminded me my kids were hungry. So sad when there are no left over's.
Arristillius is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2014, 09:38 PM   #35
Bamabuzzard
is One Chatty Farker

Here's the problem I have cooking packers at those higher temps. I have problems with the end of the flat and about two to three inches in overcooking and turning hard as a rock. How do I keep from that happening and still cooking at those higher temps?

www.doubledsbbq.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Double...12864168786570
Stumps Baby Gravity Feed Smoker
Backwoods Patio Unit
Char Griller Offset for grilling
Bamabuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2014, 10:29 PM   #36
trufunk
Full Fledged Farker

Donnie, I have seen that video before...after you wrap do you place back on the smoker fat up or down the rest of the way till probe tender?
trufunk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-2014, 08:17 AM   #37
Bludawg
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
Here's the problem I have cooking packers at those higher temps. I have problems with the end of the flat and about two to three inches in overcooking and turning hard as a rock. How do I keep from that happening and still cooking at those higher temps?
Don't buy packers with thin tails if it is less than 1" either leave it or buy it and trim it. Cook that part too just pull it a little early I'm thinkin Chili here...

Thanks from: --->
Old 01-06-2014, 09:40 AM   #38
Smok'n n Joke'n
Full Fledged Farker

Good MEAT......Medium HEAT.....Don't CHEAT.....the basics..
Smok'n n Joke'n is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-2014, 07:17 PM   #39
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by trufunk View Post
Donnie, I have seen that video before...after you wrap do you place back on the smoker fat up or down the rest of the way till probe tender?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludawg View Post
Don't buy packers with thin tails if it is less than 1" either leave it or buy it and trim it. Cook that part too just pull it a little early I'm thinkin Chili here...
Bama.. You can do what blue dawg says.... Or... Somewhere I saw.. That guy who cooks like me... Uh Aaron Franklin... I thought I saw him either trim this off before or after... But I never do as I have incredibly long rest periods... Aaron also does this as well as the Meccas of brisket. Also... When I'm not using paper I use the industrial wrap too. Trufunk... Fat up. Fat down (depending on gear) to cook, fat up to rest. Unless I am using the banking method. Also... The meat mama it does not matter so I put it up in that. The bravos vintage Klose pit and UDS it's fat down.

Edict.

Old 01-06-2014, 07:23 PM   #40
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Oh I forgot bama.... I'm a 275 guy and have a lot of the same problems with higher temps like some of the other guys that do it.

U might remember I was preaching and showing hot and fast when it was a practice to be ridiculed. Once People got turn on to my results they started pushing th envelope further than I chose to go as I had already been there... I never have good luck withsustained super high heat like above 325. I can do short bursts but have the same concerns as you. And I pretty much am credited with the Reintroduction of hot and fast.... To such an extent... Heck.... I don't even think my temp is considered hot and fast anymore. I miss u bama!!!!

Edict.

Tags
brisket