• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Commercial Smokers

• Thread starter TexaninKunshanChina
  • Start date
T

TexaninKunshanChina

Does anyone have experience with commercial smokers such as Southern Pride, Ole Hickory and/or Holstein smokers? Others recommended? Any quality issues with these manufacturers (Southern Pride, Ole Hickory, Holstein)?

Any recommendations to rotating vs convection smokers some offer both?

I have an Ole hickory Ultra Que and love it! Not a true commercial pit but the quality is tops and I would expect it to be the same in the larger cookers.

Jeff

I've got an Ole Hickory CTO, and this baby is a work horse, and it produces so might fine Q. I've cooked thousands of pounds of meat in it, and the results are always the same, lip smackin' BBQ :becky:.

Hhhmmmm maybe he can a Q craze started in China. But then they been cooking more meats more ways, longer than the US has been a country so maybe they could have some interesting takes on it.

Younger days we used to run a Southern pride and it was a work horse, ran non stop for years it seemed, that's all I have beside shipping to and from Asia is pretty easy these days, we have 40 40 foot containers leave Taiwan every week for LA and Savannah

Whatever you get, I would recommend keeping spare parts of everything important on hand. I would not think that commercial smoker parts are readily available over there. Also, I would try to make sure that it has the capability of running on wood only in case something goes wrong with the gas.

Whatever you get, I would recommend keeping spare parts of everything important on hand. I would not think that commercial smoker parts are readily available over there. Also, I would try to make sure that it has the capability of running on wood only in case something goes wrong with the gas.

Whoops! Sorry bout that. I didn't notice the date on the thread.

Back