Hello New Friend (Hunsaker)

drunkenmeatfist

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
A short while ago I ditched the Smoke Vault which was one of my first smokers. I replaced it with a Hunsaker which arrived today. The delivery guy said he is a comp cook and told me about how he recently cooked on a Hunsaker. Nice fella. I got her unwrapped and am seasoning now. I was a bit surprised by the color. The blue shade looked lighter online than it did in person, but I am fine with it. Everything seems to be heavy and well made. Lit that joker up and within about 20 minutes it was cruising at 300. I have a feeling this drum will end up being a very good friend for a long time. Also the pallet it came on is serving as a temporary wind block which is a nice bonus.

I rotated the pics every way I could and they would never go right.

Attachments

• IMG_0661.jpg
    IMG_0661.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_0662.jpg
    IMG_0662.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 236
Whew Hoo!
Just in time for Memorial Day weekend, too!

Don't worry, I can still rotate my head for sideways pictures. :laugh:

Congrats!!

One of my cookers I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever..... get rid of. I love my Hunsaker drum.

She's almost two and still looks like it was delivered yesterday. A quick wet towel wipe down before each cook and that's all. Fit and finish are second to none.

6zkp2cnh.jpg

Yep! I'd say you picked a good color out.....:clap2:

We love ours. Make sure you join the FB group. Lots of great people there. Good tips.

U2wkqWv.jpg

Back