From the mouth of James.

BBQchef33

Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Phil
Sat down tonight to that prime rib from last night. Last night we polished off the top rounds(Roast beefs). So we had the prime rib tonight. I knew i'd be reheating it so i cooled it down on the rare side yesterday. Tonight slice 4 nice inch plus steaks off it and thru them on a hot grill for a few minutes. They were still pretty rare when i brought them in. I like my stuff medium rare so they were ok but still a little on the rare side for me... Sharon likes stuff cooked till it has sole(like the bottom of a boot) but these steaks looked so good that she was going for it medium rare.. James too.. As we we slice into them they were pretty rare inside.. but we kept eating... they were cooked thru... just a little pink. This is the conversation at the table as we eat our RARE prime rib... out of no where comes this voice..... my son got curious at the most opportune time...

James: Daddy.. What is Mad Cow Disease?
Me: its a disease cows get.
James: Can people get it?
Me: yup
(Sharon has all ready put down her fork, Jackie is just staring at her dish).
James: How do you get it?
Me: Everyone give me their steaks..

this is where I get up and head back outside with 4 half eaten steaks on a plate. 5 minutes later back in with 4 seared steaks.. Mine was medium well.. the rest had laces.

Now that is funny. The very reason I try not to think about stuff like that when I go out to eat.

Back