Duroc Spares with extras

Joshw

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
The meat gods have been kind to me lately. Last week was prime short ribs, this week, I stumbled upon a new butcher shop, and found some Duroc Spare ribs.
R5LPDAK.jpg

ycplXXb.jpg

Seasoned with a 50/50 mix of a homemade rub, and Qsalt.
5Mt2Vi3.jpg

On the smoker at 225 with Hickory and Cherry.
Rdpa3Yk.jpg

While the ribs were cooking, made some Keto Mac and Cheese, which really cauliflower and cheese. Had to put my twist on it though. Started with some bacon and shrooms.
X1lTLkB.jpg

Then added onion and garlic. Once the onions were cooked, added the cauliflower.
mXQ0sfw.jpg

Made a cheese sauce with Cheddar, cream cheese, heavy cream, and hot sauce.
kOhpMAB.jpg

Mixed it all together, and put on the smoker.
7oyCD5i.jpg

jaz9ndh.jpg

E3TBuyZ.jpg

Ribs are done
vVcY07s.jpg

While the ribs were resting, I sous vide some asparagus with duck fat and Qsalt.
Z2TQUQE.jpg

dA6xLLw.jpg

0wVeMMy.jpg

Sliced the ribs.
TYpXkRH.jpg

Good Bite.
NdWfMGL.jpg

Finished Plate
duKRNpM.jpg

I think I can safely say, these are the most tender and juicy ribs I have every cooked. Of course, they were easily the most expensive ribs I have ever cooked as well. But, I will do it again! Thanks for looking.

Looks freaking great. Ribs are always good but that cauliflower & cheese I have to do.

Ribs look killer! How would you compare them to your run of the mill Sams/Costco ribs? Worth the extra bucks?

Ribs look killer! How would you compare them to your run of the mill Sams/Costco ribs? Worth the extra bucks?

That's tough, because I normally do whole spares. I like the tips. But these were incredibly tender and moist. More so than an average rib. Flavorwise, I don't think there is a major difference. These were about twice the price that ribs are around here. I wouldn't buy them to cook for a big group, but for a nice treat, I think they are worth the difference. No way, I could go out to eat, and get a slab of any ribs for $15, and no way would they taste anywhere near as good.

Last edited:
Honestly I think those Durocs were cheap compared to prices I’ve seen online

Those bones look great!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back