Discussion Thread -> "2016 July Burger Blowout!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS TWO WEEKS!

Official Entry

Here is my entry in the “2016 July Burger Blowout” Throwdown

I call it the Elk Eye Burger!
The full cook and build is here:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=233266

Ground Elk with Bacon Ends. It was still too Lean so we ground up some fat trimmings from Rib Eye for added flavor and fatty goodness. Smoke Bacon Weave, Mayo, Mustard, Avocado, Jalapeno Poppers, Grilled onions Hot Mama pickles and Jalapeno slices, Lettuce, and sliced onions on a toasted onion bun.

View attachment 130111

This is my entry photo

Thanks for Lookin
SD

Last edited:
My offering for the 2016 Burger Blowout TD:

Pizza Burgers - Cook thread with more Pron HERE.

Please accept the following as my entry:

4CA37E22-5EFB-4058-9E2A-D84E8D0DEB4E_zpskv5j6cgk.jpg

Thanks!

Well...didn't know there was a throwdown going on, or I'd have put on my Sunday clothes and taken more photos.

Well, it was a day for a basic cheeseburger. Used the Blackstone, and smashed down some 80/20 to get a good sear (check out the crust), seasoned it with salt and a little beef bullion powder. Applied slices of cheddar at the appropriate time.

cheeseburger1_update_zpsmrtzbjfc.jpg

I dressed the bottom bun with some mayo and mustard, stacked on two patties, and topped it off with a little ketchup.

The condiments were just and hint and the burger was so juicy it ran down my front, but that's the way I like it.

Money shot and official entry

cheeseburger_updae_zps8styexlb.jpg

Burger blowout TD entry : ABT Burger

Finally breaking my TD cherry

Started with about a half pound of 80/20 and pressed beer can to make cavity. Cut the jalapenos so I could make "sheets" .
IMG_2388_zpsziwvhkl1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Wrapped in bacon

Mixed the rest of jalapeno pieces with cream cheese and filled

Then seasoned with my pork rub and put it on "Abe" my father's day gift

Turned out delicious

Please use the above photo for my entry

Figured a burger throwdown was too tempting to pass up, so I had to enter. Originally I had planned to do a traditional bacon double cheeseburger, but considering some of the other great entries, I decided to mix things up and try something I've wanted to do ever since I saw that one particular Simpsons episode. You know the one.

I present to you, my version of Homer's "Good Morning Burger."

First, I gathered my ingredients.

1.%20Ingredients_zpslfs0otie.jpg

Then I broke out the Weber and got a chimney going.

2.%20FiringUp_zpsxlq4uqb3.jpg

One by one I got my toppings ready. I figured some bacon, Canadian bacon, hash browns, and a sunny side up egg would fit the bill.

4.%20Toppings_zpstoqyrbs3.jpg

... while also grilling up a couple of 1/3 lb. 80/20 patties.

3.%20GrillingPatties_zpsh7aed5fh.jpg

After everything was finished, construction began.

5.%20BurgerBuild_zpsbmshuv9c.jpg

Finally I finished it off with the top bun, and my Good Morning Burger was complete.

6.%20GMBurger_zps54t7haut.jpg

Can't believe it took me over twenty years to finally get around to doing this! Next time I think I might add some grilled jalapeno and onions, but the results were great.

Please use this last shot as my entry photo. Thanks for looking.

That looks abesetivly poselutly didlidilidelicous Homeroony:clap2:
I mean nice burger Sleepy Smoker.

My humble entry. Nothing complicated. Just a beef-lamb mix on a brioche bun with some maio and ketchup and some cucumbers and cherry tomatoes.

Doesn't come close to the works of art up here. But I did want to participate so here it is.

THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY! It was cooked a couple years back and
won a throwdown on another site...

Toasted bun with homemade fire roasted red pepper and jalapeno aioli...
Ground strip steak burgers grilled on a CI pan with smoked cheddar...
Of course two layers of bacon...
And two layers of fried parmesan cheese...

Just wish I could join in on this one but I'll be cooking some shorties instead :wink:

Back