MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #1
82's BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Default Restaurant Menu Items

When you go to a BBQ restaurant what food items do you expect to see on the menu? And what would be nice to see?
82's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2013, 03:24 PM   #2
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

Pork, ribs, brisket, sausage, chicken and turkey. Bologna would be nice. Slaw, tater salad, bbq beans or pintos or both, fries, hush puppies and hot sweet rolls. Cornbread would be nice. NANNER PUDDIN!
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-03-2013, 03:27 PM   #3
Grange
Knows what a fatty is.

I normally like to try the pulled pork and brisket and sometimes spare ribs. For sides I love baked or bbq beans.
Grange is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2013, 03:30 PM   #4
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

I think it really depends on the type of restaurant it is. A food truck/trailer will not have the same items. Smaller places, PP, some type of chicken, brisket. Sides, cole slaw, baked beans, maybe some types of bread. Larger places should have pork ribs, mac & cheese, corn bread.

Yoder YS640; Good-One "Trail Boss" 60T; Weber Kettle rotisserie ring; Big A$$ Rotisserie; New Braunfels offset smoker; Weber Smokey Mountain; Backyard Bombers BBQ HJM

Μολν λαβέ
Pyle's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2013, 03:35 PM   #5
pmad
is One Chatty Farker

I'd love to see ABT's on a menu.
pmad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #6
jcinadr
On the road to being a farker

In Texas, the norm is Brisket, Chopped Brisket (sandwich), Chicken, ribs (beef and/or pork), sausage. Other meats that show up are pork loin, pork chop, turkey, and mutton. Generally meats are available as a plate, sandwich or lb. Cabrito, barbacoa, and al pastor shows up at taco shacks. General sides are bread (included), slaw, onions (included), jalapenos, and potato salad.

Now one shop I like does add a bit. They have bowls - 1/4lb brisket and 1/4lb sausage over beans and 1/4lb of chop over fritos and beens, or the T-man (all of the above). They also serve bake potatoes stuffed with brisket or chop. Another place used to sell chicken breast by the pound (which made a darn nice sandwich cheep).
jcinadr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #7
Bludawg
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcinadr View Post
In Texas, the norm is Brisket, Chopped Brisket (sandwich), Chicken, ribs (beef and/or pork), sausage. Other meats that show up are pork loin, pork chop, turkey, and mutton. Generally meats are available as a plate, sandwich or lb. Cabrito, barbacoa, and al pastor shows up at taco shacks. General sides are bread (included), slaw, onions (included), jalapenos, and potato salad.
^^^ this^^^ with a Choice of Lean or Moist Brisket

Old 07-03-2013, 04:20 PM   #8
realspaazz
Take a breath!

Whatever is on the menu, it better be very good to excellent. I would rather have a smaller selection and higher quality. I also like to see a menu with some local items.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:43 PM   #9
K-Train
is One Chatty Farker

If they're good burnt ends
WSM 22.5
GMG Davy Crockett
K-Train is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2013, 07:04 PM   #10
Bonewagon
Babbling Farker

Up here I'd love to see beef ribs more often.

Big Steel Keg, WSM, OTG, PBC, Kamado Joe Jr., Carson Rodizio, and a Super Fast [I]and[/I] Accurate [COLOR="Blue"]Blue[/COLOR] Splash-Proof Thermapen
Bonewagon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2013, 07:26 PM   #11
seadad9903
Full Fledged Farker

Ribs, pulled pork, sausages, cornbread, beans (baked, pinto and green), collards. oh, and apple pie with ice cream.

Would be cool to see pig shots.
seadad9903 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2013, 08:11 PM   #12
JohnHB
is one Smokin' Farker

I've never seen a BBQ restaurant. Someone should open one up in Sydney - it could be popular (and zero competition).

Old 07-03-2013, 09:39 PM   #13
NC-Q
Knows what a fatty is.

My favorite BBQ restaurants in Eastern NC have extremely limited menus, and I LOVE IT! If I were to open a restaurant I'd serve: BBQ plate with hushpuppies and coleslaw, or a sandwich with or without slaw. For dessert, banana puddin'. Nothing else. I think it makes an almost arrogant statement about the confidence you have in your Q if you don't serve anything else... in a good way. I just love the idea of someone doing one thing so well that they don't feel the need to do anything else. I know I'm probably in the minority here...

Old 07-03-2013, 10:36 PM   #14
marubozo
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeremy

Around here, all I want to see on the menu is meat that doesn't come swimming in sauce.
marubozo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-04-2013, 12:40 AM   #15
pwa
is One Chatty Farker

Mines pretty simple but I'm thinking of adding fryes and hush puppies soon. Love seeing the response in this thread. May give me some idea's :)
WIFI Stoker
Custom Trailer Offset

Owner of BurlesQ BBQ shack
BurlesQ BBQ Facebook
BurlesQ BBQ website
pwa is offline   Reply With Quote