• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Restaurant Menu Items

82's BBQ

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
When you go to a BBQ restaurant what food items do you expect to see on the menu? And what would be nice to see?

Pork, ribs, brisket, sausage, chicken and turkey. Bologna would be nice. Slaw, tater salad, bbq beans or pintos or both, fries, hush puppies and hot sweet rolls. Cornbread would be nice. NANNER PUDDIN!

I normally like to try the pulled pork and brisket and sometimes spare ribs. For sides I love baked or bbq beans.

I think it really depends on the type of restaurant it is. A food truck/trailer will not have the same items. Smaller places, PP, some type of chicken, brisket. Sides, cole slaw, baked beans, maybe some types of bread. Larger places should have pork ribs, mac & cheese, corn bread.

In Texas, the norm is Brisket, Chopped Brisket (sandwich), Chicken, ribs (beef and/or pork), sausage. Other meats that show up are pork loin, pork chop, turkey, and mutton. Generally meats are available as a plate, sandwich or lb. Cabrito, barbacoa, and al pastor shows up at taco shacks. General sides are bread (included), slaw, onions (included), jalapenos, and potato salad.

Now one shop I like does add a bit. They have bowls - 1/4lb brisket and 1/4lb sausage over beans and 1/4lb of chop over fritos and beens, or the T-man (all of the above). They also serve bake potatoes stuffed with brisket or chop. Another place used to sell chicken breast by the pound (which made a darn nice sandwich cheep).

In Texas, the norm is Brisket, Chopped Brisket (sandwich), Chicken, ribs (beef and/or pork), sausage. Other meats that show up are pork loin, pork chop, turkey, and mutton. Generally meats are available as a plate, sandwich or lb. Cabrito, barbacoa, and al pastor shows up at taco shacks. General sides are bread (included), slaw, onions (included), jalapenos, and potato salad.
^^^ this^^^ with a Choice of Lean or Moist Brisket

Whatever is on the menu, it better be very good to excellent. I would rather have a smaller selection and higher quality. I also like to see a menu with some local items.

Ribs, pulled pork, sausages, cornbread, beans (baked, pinto and green), collards. oh, and apple pie with ice cream.

Would be cool to see pig shots.

I've never seen a BBQ restaurant. Someone should open one up in Sydney - it could be popular (and zero competition).

My favorite BBQ restaurants in Eastern NC have extremely limited menus, and I LOVE IT! If I were to open a restaurant I'd serve: BBQ plate with hushpuppies and coleslaw, or a sandwich with or without slaw. For dessert, banana puddin'. Nothing else. I think it makes an almost arrogant statement about the confidence you have in your Q if you don't serve anything else... in a good way. I just love the idea of someone doing one thing so well that they don't feel the need to do anything else. I know I'm probably in the minority here...

Around here, all I want to see on the menu is meat that doesn't come swimming in sauce.

HA!! My wife says I am doing nothing to advance the idea of buying a restaurant. R&D baby

everyone forgot the most imortant menu item in any Texas bbq joint...... "PEACH COBBLER"

+1 for the cobbler...since I'm allergic to bananas. I like it basic. Ribs, brisket (sliced and chopped), pulled pork, sausage, slaw, potato salad, beans and then burnt ends once a week. There's a place here that used to serve them only once a week, but people complained and they added them to the menu full time. I think it takes away the need to look forward to having something "special" when you go in.

Around here, mostly very poorly done BBQ. Since most are chains. Ft. Lauderdale does have a couple places that are good with pork. Good enough that is if I'm in the area, but not good enough to make a special trip.

Back