Brisket and catering gig (pics)

cmcadams

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Last weekend, my wife and I catered a party (personal cheffed, actually) for a couple that were celebrating both of their 40th birthdays. We cooked for 50 people: brisket, pulled pork, tomato pie, barbecue beans and cole slaw.

1046538142_1a35da7434.jpg

1046538124_a81f87a371.jpg

1046538180_c78000596f.jpg

1046538202_32c2032ddd.jpg

Matt, there were lots of leftovers... I cooked for 50, and only 25 were there! But it still worked out great... Nothing like the shindigs you're up to now! :)

Nice lookin' spread there Curt...I just ate lunch & now I'm hungry again

BBS, I had 2 weekends in a row, one vending at a charity concert, the next doing the bday party, but now I'm off until Sept 10, when we'll be doing a barbecue class at a local kitchen supply store. I don't have time to do too much personal cheffing!

Matt, there were lots of leftovers... I cooked for 50, and only 25 were there! But it still worked out great... Nothing like the shindigs you're up to now! :)

There wouldn't have been leftovers if I was there! Or if the other 25 had shown up.

It's great to hear that it sounds like you are doing just fine w/ your catering. We take it alot slower than you. We don't work that often....we're lazy. :wink:

Matt, ask my wife... I invented lazy! I just committed to some things right at once... I'll laze around for a while now, though....

However, when you do work, you do it for 3 straight days, and your clients are a bit more high end!!! :)

Norco, they liked it enough to tip us an extra c note.

Gary, we've only personal cheffed twice, really. We've vended a couple of times, too, but just pulled pork when we did that.

Looking good Curt!:-D

I can see one of those Shun knives in the background!!:-D

I'll have me one of those some day.:oops:

Back