MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #1
Dilly767
Found some matches.

Default Craigslist score

Was looking for another smoker to make venison jerky and to try making some bologna as well found a cookshack elite for 250 bucks on Craigslist offered him 200 and got it for 225 and it's only 6 months old came with cover still in package. Also will work nice for cheese with cold smoke baffle. Anxious to try it love my egg hoping I like the electric.
Dilly767 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-17-2013, 08:22 PM   #2
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

It will do a nice job on jerky but you have to open the door a couple of times to let the moisture out. Look at the Cookshack forum. There are some good threads on making the jerky in the Smokette.

BTW, as I mentioned when you were asking about it earlier, a little wood goes a long way. A golf ball sized piece (about 2 oz) is all you'll need.

Don't expect a smoke ring on the regular BBQ meats without fooling around a bit. The wood smolders and doesn't produce enough nitrates (or is it nitrites) to create a smoke ring. If you put a charcoal briquette in the wood box it will give you a decent smoke ring.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2013, 09:09 AM   #3
tasterner
is one Smokin' Farker

Nice Dilly, let's see some pics of her!!

-18.5" WSM
-22.5" WSM
- Large BGE
- Primo Oval XL
- Kenmore Gasser -- RIP 5/31/12
tasterner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #4
fingerlickin'
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I saw that posted on CL. Nice score! You're lucky I don't live closer.

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - [I]Tommy Callahan III[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Backwoods Ext. Party,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkGreen] [COLOR=Black]Vision Kamado,[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkGreen][COLOR=DarkGreen][B][COLOR=Black] 22" WSM[/COLOR][/B],[/COLOR] 22.5 Weber OTS, [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Mini WSM, [/B][COLOR=Red][B] UDS "No.8"[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal] [COLOR=Black][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Napkin Killers BBQ[/COLOR]
[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
fingerlickin' is offline   Reply With Quote