Congrats Big Poppa Smokers! - GC @ Dana Point

HoDeDo

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I have not seen the results posted here, but HUGE congrats to our friends at Big Poppa Smokers for their GC this weekend.... and big congrats to Brad for his 1st Place brisket. well deserved, and definately earned. Way to cook guys!!!

And to Matt and crew at Left Coast .... congrats on the RGC! It's great to hear you guys are kickin a$$ and takin' names too!!!!

Congrats everyone! It was fun judging for you. See ya next week!

thanks andy we had a ton of fun and love the friends that were there Moe and Matt and co from left coast are always just fabulous and we eeked one out here....We are now ready for our beating at the Royal!

loved being Woodhouses neighbor we share foood back and forth and their chocolate is the best on the planet...they had boxes of it and I ate more than my share
the next morning the brought us gingerbread waffles with poached pears and whipped cream! they were un real

Sylvie a w one woman cooking machine...great showing

Arlie and the city of Dana Point couldnt have been better too

Congrats guys! Well done! Now go show em how it is done at the Royal!

Congrats to LCQ too! Nice sneakers! LOL

What a great contest! Definitely worth the drive down!

huminie nice battle you guys have going for the rookie of the year! Nice showing too!

love the Left Coast Official Shoe.....

Thanks! We have really been duking it out all year...who knew that win the Rookie of the Year race in CA would mean you would need to be in the top 5 in the state? And there are 4 rookie teams in the top 10! Really exciting stuff, and I am honored to be a part of it! Hopefully it shows that we like to have some fun, cheer on our friends and be in the hunt with everyone else!

It was indeed good cooking
Best table I ever saw in the Pork category

Congrats to the whole BPS crew!..you guys are great passionate cooks!..a big shout out to barefoot Brad on that 1st in brisket!..congrats to all who took a walk!..and to the rookies,Adam,Donna,Ray and Lamar,John and Tracy..great job by all of you!..who ever wins it can stand proud with your head held high knowing you have won a long,very tough battle!

Congratulations to Big Poppa and Left Coast! What a pretty show this was, on grass near the ocean -- I had forgotten how WET it gets at the beach, durrrr! The city went all out to make cooks feel welcome, I look forward to coming to this contest again next year.

Great job Big Poppas on another GC. Also have to congratulate The Rub Co. sponsored team LEFT COAST Q for their 3rd RGC of the year. You guys are knocking HARD on that GC door!!!

This was our first time competing at a Arlie Bragg competition and I think he set a new bar for CA competitions. Beautiful grass park set between the St. Regis and Ritz Carlton which overlooks the canyon and ocean. Seafood buffet w/ free beer on Friday night. We had a great time at this one taking 4th overall against a really tough field.

A huge thank you to our sponsors KOSMOS Q and T&H Meats for the top notch products!!! Also need to thank Woodhouse BBQ for the waffles and chocolates. They were incredible!

Last edited:
Great job Big Poppas on another GC. Also have to congratulate The Rub Co. sponsored team LEFT COAST Q for their 3rd RGC of the year. You guys are knocking HARD on that GC door!!!

This was our first time competing at a Arlie Bragg competition and I think he set a new bar for CA competitions. Beautiful grass park set between the St. Regis and Ritz Carlton which overlooks the canyon and ocean. Seafood buffet w/ free beer on Friday night. We had a great time at this one taking 4th overall against a really tough field.

A huge thank you to our sponsors KOSMOS Q and T&H Meats for the top notch products!!! Also need to thank Woodhouse BBQ for the waffles and chocolates. They were incredible!
Thanks Ryan!..your right about Arlie!..he's a no bull$hit guy..can't wait for what he has in store for us next year!

Its nice to go to a comp on grass...with power and the right amount of power ready....super clean and staying that way....ice when you need it.....trash picked up

I didnt even get to the seafood buffet but Arlie and Dana Point were just spot on.

Back