butt and brisket

1. I think you should invite me over.
2. Are you looking at the timing? Hot and fast on the brisket or low and slow?
3. What kind of rig do you have? UDS? BDS? BGE? How many racks?

It's done at nearly every competition site out there, unless teams cook them on separate cookers. There's absolutely no reason not to cook em at the same time.

Go for it!

If it was me I would shoot for 250* it won't take as long and should have the
same results. Think about foiling when they hit 160* and take out when they are probe
tender and rest for an hour or two.

Go for it! You have the room. Just start the brisket first if you want them to come out at the same approximate time....

I almost never do one without the other. I rarely fire up the smoker for just one meat item. And I agree on giving the brisket a couple of hours head start. Be sure and give us some rig Pron and food Pron because we love it!

I guess I am not alone in the "Why wouldn't you" camp. If you have the space, there is literally no reason to not do both together.

No Butt'S about it just did that on sunday :becky: GO FOR IT
I had gave my brisket a 2 hour headstart and the butt took 3.5 hours longer :confused: My guess is I had to cook the butt on the bottom cause it would not fit on top rack I cooked with OAK sticks And around 275* put the brisket on @ 6am pulled off @ 4pm good thing the pulled pork was monday's dinner and the rest was for the freezer

Very nice wife you have there indeed! I cook a butt and a brisket all the time. As said give the brisket a head start. On the 48 keep them both on the same level. You'll be in heaven!

Back