MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-17-2014, 07:40 AM   #106
jrben1
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggee6688 View Post
Nice pics. What did you guys do to clean that stainless?
There are lots of cleaners out there, but some leave a slick film on the floor. I'm using Pledge right now - it's not greasy.

Old 04-17-2014, 07:43 AM   #107
jrben1

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkoozy View Post
Can you guys send the info on what you purchased for a cover? Dimensions etc. My smoker is shipping in the next couple of days. YAY! The wait is over!
I purchased mine from GrillWraps.com. They have all the dimensions. It is made from marine sunbrella fabric. It has a zipper on the side, quick release buckles on the bottom, and is reinforced over the exhaust stack and ball valves. There is a 4-5 week wait after you order.

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-17-2014, 10:36 AM   #108
shagnasty
Full Fledged Farker

I made my own cover!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg smoker cover.jpg (52.2 KB, 954 views)

Old 04-17-2014, 11:06 AM   #109
jrben1

Default Great Cooker

Just 2 hours into my seasoning and I am really ecstatic about this cooker. It handles very similar to my Backwoods Smoker.
I used a small, 7.9 lb. bag of charcoal and started with just under 1/2 full chimney of lighted briquettes. The ambient temp was 43 degrees and it was 28 degrees just a few hours before. The water pan was dry.
This baby was up to 225 degrees in 35 minutes, only about 10 minutes more than my Backwoods which is only 1/2 the size. I choked her down at 225 and the temp only rose another 10 degrees - the Backwoods would have overshot if I did that.
This baby also draws extremely well. I have found that cookers that don't draw well, like the Weber Smoky Mountain, don't produce quite as good flavor - more like cooking in an oven.
I couldn't be more happy about this cooker.

Old 04-17-2014, 04:36 PM   #110
mikes1212
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggee6688 View Post
Nice pics. What did you guys do to clean that stainless?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsimm15 View Post
Man those two pits look awesome. Super clean and super mean!
I used Weiman Stainless Steel Wipes $3.62 on Amazon. I wipe the whole door down, tops bottom and sides and it removes all the scum. Then with a clean cloth I do a little buffing. Bright shiny and new looking once done! They come as small linked wipes, no spraying, and no overspray. Sorry i'm obsessed! This should go away soon.... I think!
Lonely Charbroil Infrared Gasser and Quick Read Thermapen
[B]Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller![/B]
mikes1212 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2014, 05:10 PM   #111
darkoozy
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagnasty View Post
I made my own cover!
Very nice, I wish I was that resourceful and not lazy
darkoozy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2014, 06:36 PM   #112
mikes1212
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Can you guys send the info on what you purchased for a cover? Dimensions etc. My smoker is shipping in the next couple of days. YAY! The wait is over!
Congrats Darkoozy!

We got our covers from: http//www.grillwraps.com. The link along with a picture of my smoker is on the accessories page for our cabinet smoker, on the Lone Starz web site. Scroll to the bottom and my smoker is the picture on the right with the cover on!

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-18-2014, 06:56 AM   #113
darkoozy
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikes1212 View Post
Congrats Darkoozy!

We got our covers from: http//www.grillwraps.com. The link along with a picture of my smoker is on the accessories page for our cabinet smoker, on the Lone Starz web site. Scroll to the bottom and my smoker is the picture on the right with the cover on!

Very nice! Got one on order. Wish the lead time was better than 4 weeks...oh well...I'll manage

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:52 AM   #114
jrben1

Quote:
Very nice! Got one on order. Wish the lead time was better than 4 weeks...oh well...I'll manage
The quote was 4 weeks but actual delivery was closer to 6 weeks.

Old 04-18-2014, 07:56 AM   #115
jrben1

Finished my seasoning last night. 7.9 lbs. of charcoal lasted 10 hours - not too shabby. This is one efficient smoker.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:00 AM   #116
jrben1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikes1212 View Post
Congrats Darkoozy!

Mike, looks like you got the same or similar color as mine. Was your color choice "smoke"?

Old 04-18-2014, 03:27 PM   #117
darkoozy
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrben1 View Post
The quote was 4 weeks but actual delivery was closer to 6 weeks.
sheesh...ok. Ill wrap it in a tarp for the time being. Dont have too much room in the garage with 2 cars parked in there, and a third in the drive way...

Old 04-18-2014, 03:34 PM   #118
GrillsGoneWild
is one Smokin' Farker

I emailed LSG a few days ago and asked about turn around time, but I haven't heard anything so far.

Old 04-18-2014, 03:41 PM   #119
darkoozy
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrillsGoneWild View Post
I emailed LSG a few days ago and asked about turn around time, but I haven't heard anything so far.
For the smoker? Mine was finished at 6 weeks. Ships today. I ordered it first week in March.

Old 04-18-2014, 06:37 PM   #120
mikes1212
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Very nice, I wish I was that resourceful and not lazy
I'll admit it. I'm lazy, that's why I bought a pre made cover!

Quote:
Mine arrived in 5 weeks. I hope you get the same, or shorter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrben1 View Post
Finished my seasoning last night. 7.9 lbs. of charcoal lasted 10 hours - not too shabby. This is one efficient smoker.
She is sweet, isn't she!
Looks like a number of us will be having tons of fun with our new toys!