• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Need your help picking between these 2!

Craycort Cast Iron Grates or Splash-Proof Super-Fast Thermapen

• Total voters

PrinceofQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I am looking at either getting the Craycort Cast Iron Grates plus the griddle/hotplate or the Splash-Proof Super-Fast Thermapen. I am up in the air for which one would be of more use. I grill a lot on my Weber Performer and new 18.5" WSM. Would love to know what your guys opinion is on this question I have!

Thanks in advance!

Xavier32178

ORANGE Thermapen, unless you really know the temps what good is the cast iron grill...... jmo

I have the red water-resistant red Thermapen and for me it's an invaluable tool.

I suppose it really depends on what you need more... if you have a thermo that works OK, then go with the CI. If you have neither, then go with the thermo.
Red or Blue are the way to go.

Thermapen, I love the idea of cast iron grates, but, a thermapen is something I really want.

Id go with the Pen, Ditto to all the reasons on the replies above,..

It's looking like the Thermopen is the one to go with!
Thanks guys for taking the time to post and vote to help me with my Decision!

Xavier32178

I'd go with the CIGs... They Are AWESOME! You'll use the grates EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!
Besides Jay, You KNOW you'll EVENUALLY get both the grates AND the pen....
The Cast Iron Grates Jay, The CAST IRON GRATES!

Cast iron grates are pretty awesome, but I have them on my Chargriller and a regular grate on my UDS and I would love a Thermapen with either of the grates.

I'd go with the CIGs... They Are AWESOME! You'll use the grates EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!
Besides Jay, You KNOW you'll EVENUALLY get both the grates AND the pen....
The Cast Iron Grates Jay, The CAST IRON GRATES!

Hey how did you know my nickname? My name is Jason and my friends call me Jay. Didn't think I knew anyone up your way lol. I looked at the vote and it's 17 to 2. Going to have to buy the Thermapen! I am planning to smoke a lot on my WSM this summer, so I am thinking that will be very useful :wink: Either way I will get my grates later this summer if my wife lets me lol:drama:

Love my Tpen. A CI grate adds little if anything anyway....:icon_blush:

Hey how did you know my nickname? My name is Jason and my friends call me Jay. Didn't think I knew anyone up your way lol. I looked at the vote and it's 17 to 2. Going to have to buy the Thermapen! I am planning to smoke a lot on my WSM this summer, so I am thinking that will be very useful :wink: Either way I will get my grates later this summer if my wife lets me lol:drama:

Why do the wives gotta be like that??? I need a thermapen!!!

Back