Pulled pork TACOS!

kyle corn

is one Smokin' Farker
Last week after Christmas dinner, some friends and I were watching Man vs. Food and Adam ate a pulled pork burrito. All my friends thought that sounded awesome so I offered to make it. Except instead of a burrito, I picked up a bunch of fresh tortillas from a family friend's restaurant and made tacos (thick and chewy, so good!).

I did two butts, one was done the same way I typically do it, slathered in mustard and coated in Yardbird. The second one I did something a bit different, rubbed with EVOO, kosher salt, chili powder, cumin, granulated garlic and oregano. My dad made homemade BBQ sauce for the Yardbird butt and I made homemade salsa verde for the other one. I fed about 10 guys and we all ate 4 tacos. They were definitely a hit and now we're stuffed! I think this was a nice change from the typical PP sammy. :thumb:

Attachments

• img1.JPG
    img1.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 246
  • img2.JPG
    img2.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 246
I make PP tacos all the time with my leftover PP. I don't use BBQ sauce on mine. I use typical taco ingredients. It is not much different from carnitas, if you use corn tortillas.

I like mine with some black beans, chopped onion, and grated jack cheese. Salsa verde is good on them, too.

CD

I make PP tacos all the time with my leftover PP. I don't use BBQ sauce on mine. I use typical taco ingredients. It is not much different from carnitas, if you use corn tortillas.

I like mine with some black beans, chopped onion, and grated jack cheese. Salsa verde is good on them, too.

CD

The one with sauce I tried to go for a traditional PP sandwich vibe by topping with BBQ sauce and slaw. The other one I basically treated like smoked carnitas with the salsa verde. I never get a chance to get creative with leftovers because I always take them to work, glad I did this on the fresh batch.

they look great we love PP tacos and Brisket left overs are good too.

CD

Ditto

We almost always make some Tex-Mex with leftover pork.

Recently I've started making my version of a Cuban sandwich. Yum!

I love turning BBQ into Mexican food. Everything looks great...especially the tortillas.

Honestly, the tortillas are amazing! The restaurant my friend owns is great, but the highlight is always the fresh warm tortillas they give you before your meal.

Another pp taco lover here.. yours look great Kyle!:thumb:

One of my favorite things to do with pulled pork, I like to go with burritos and make them with black beans and rice, fresh diced tomatoes, chopped onion, shredded cheddar cheese, and home made salsa. Try it with chipotle bbq sauce. Nice post, looks great.

Back