pulled pork tacos

tmehlhorn

Full Fledged Farker
If you seen my pics a few days ago of the 8lb pulled pork i did, well it was great. Made about 4 meals for my family of 4. The last one it was drying out just a little from all the reheating. I warmed it in a pan added a little water and taco seasoning when hot and simmered out most of the water and made tacos. Never had a pulled pork taco before but it was awsome

Now that sounds like a great Idea!!!

Did you use regular toppings, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, etc....

PP works great in any mexican dish. Tacos and burritos are my fav.

PP omelets are awesome too.

There is a place down here that serves pulled pork nachos that are the bomb. Chips w black bean dip,pork,cheddar and monterey,with pico on top.:thumb:

Pulled pork nachos are awesome... so are quesedillas with pulled pork dribbled with just a hint of bbq sauce.

Next time you do the PP tacos (either hard or soft) put some Alabama White Sauce on them also (do a search on it, if its not something you have heard of....I have a recipe for it if you strike out). KILLER good and totally different than any other taco. Also, try pulled chicken in a taco....just as good! :clap2:

When we do pulled pork tacos we reheat the pork under the broiler. Mmmmm, crispy bits.

Did you use regular toppings, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, etc....

Ugh. Lets all stop the spread of gringo tacos as how tacos are supposed to look (the taco bell effect!)

Chopped/diced onion and fresh cilantro.

Thats all you get when ordering from the mexican street vendors here. The simplicity of the thing really makes the "al pastor" (marinated pork) "pollo" (Chicken) or "asada" (steak) really shine through.

:thumb:

Pulled pork tacos are always a favorite. Don't forget, this is Hatch Green Chili Season and they go great on pulled pork tacos. Plus there's nothing like a little green chili pulled pork stew!

Last edited:
Ugh. Lets all stop the spread of gringo tacos as how tacos are supposed to look (the taco bell effect!)

Thats all you get when ordering from the mexican street vendors here. The simplicity of the thing really makes the "al pastor" (marinated pork) "pollo" (Chicken) or "asada" (steak) really shine through.

I used to live in San Diego and went to TJ weekly for diesel fuel. Street vendors in TJ usually offered lettuce. Radishes too. Pico and/or bottled hot sauce were not always offered.

I used to live in San Diego and went to TJ weekly for diesel fuel. Street vendors in TJ usually offered lettuce. Radishes too. Pico and/or bottled hot sauce were not always offered.

I have never seen a taco place in Mexico that will not have hot sauce/salsa, then again I feel is a requirement if you are eating tacos so maybe I just avoid the ones that do not offer it. Lettuce and radish can fly. I have not visited TJ but I have been in 17 out of the 32 states in Mexico.

In most taco places you will find: cilantro, chopped onion, salsas, pico, limes
You will almost never see: Sour cream, hard shell tortillas, yellow cheese, lemons.

Tacos are a regular way of eating PP leftovers at my house. PP works great. It is a lot like carnitas, so it is a natural.

CD

I most certainly agree, esp the "Taco Bell" type predigested tacos with those nasty prefab shells. But a homemade tortilla fried into a taco shell with nice meat, pico de gallo, and freshly crumbled cotija cheese is a thing of beauty! Talk about an amazing blend of textures and flavors...

Yea these thing were delicious, kind of makes regular ground beef tacos look blah. Will definately do them again.
As far as toppings and stuff, we actually buy are tacos from a mexican joint here that does there own tortillas and fries them, i talked them into selling a dozen to me. Been doing that for awhile. My wifedoes letteuce and tomato and sour crap, me just some onion and cheese, and sometimes salsa, but these did not need the salsa. We got a big group going to the lake for the holiday, think i will do these up for our meal friday. Love to watch everyone freak out over them since i know none of them have ever had them before.:twisted:

Back