The Pit Pal for iPhone/iPad iOS released

moontz

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Just a quick announcement that we just released The Pit Pal BBQ app for iOS devices (both iPhone/iPod & iPad). You'll notice maybe not as many features as the Android version just yet, but this is the initial release and more features will continue to be added as we keep going.

Same as with the Android version, this is not just for people with temp controllers. Even the folks who do not have the CyberQ can record their cooks, logs, temp charts, etc etc (instead of needing a notebook, spreadsheet, or whatever). Those who do have the CyberQ (and soon to support Stoker) will be able to get all the normal bells and whistles (including push temp alerts while your iOS device is asleep).

We have done our fair share of testing (with the help of some gracious bbq brethren members) but there are bound to be some bugs, so if you see anything, feel free to shoot me a note.

You can find the download & details on the app store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...4168?ls=1&mt=8

dash_iphone5s_silver_portrait.gif cook_iphone5s_silver_portrait.gif details_iphone5s_silver_portrait.gif expanded_iphone5s_silver_portrait.gif chart_iphone5s_silver_portrait.gif

Thanks again to all those brethren who have contributed!

Brian

Took you long enough :razz: Just kidding. Looks good and worth the wait. I'm going to try it out tomorrow morning with some hot n fast ribs. Interested how the alerts work when the device is asleep. - J

The push notifications work surprisingly well.. I wish I could upload my own alarm sounds though. Or set them in my settings to something I download. Possible?

The push notifications work surprisingly well.. I wish I could upload my own alarm sounds though. Or set them in my settings to something I download. Possible?

I thought everyone would like the dinner bell alarm :-D We will add to the list of things we plan on looking into. Thanks for the feedback.

Nice, I love the app and use it on Android. Was wondering if you could put screen rotation into an update? I use it on a tablet and would be nice to have a horizontal screen when rotated. Keep up the good work :thumb:

Nice, I love the app and use it on Android. Was wondering if you could put screen rotation into an update? I use it on a tablet and would be nice to have a horizontal screen when rotated. Keep up the good work :thumb:

iPad does support horizontal rotation right now. iPhone does not. Working on it for Android.

Back