• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Charity for son's drama club.. how much?

jasonjax

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I'm planning to cook for my son's high school drama club where they are selling food during the rivalry football game. It's a pretty packed event so they expect to sell a good bit.

So questions:

If I wanted to make 100 brisket sandwiches and 100 pulled pork sandwiches what would you all recommend I start with for raw pounds of each? I'd like the sandwiches to be fairly substantial. 5oz each?

I plan to pull the pork and chop all of the brisket including point and flat to make things easier. Thinking a scoop of some kind to regulate how much meat goes on each sandwich.

Also, any thoughts on how to price it? Maybe $6 for pulled pork and $8 or even $9 for the brisket?

I'm going to donate all of the meat and the buns, but obviously want to maximize bang for buck while also providing a great product.

Any general feedback in addition to the amount/servings info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

I usually figure 50% yield, so at 5 ounces each that is 50 ounces cooked, or 100 ounces raw for both meats.

I usually figure 50% yield, so at 5 ounces each that is 50 ounces cooked, or 100 ounces raw for both meats.

I see you're as good at math as I am Ron. (there's a reason I'm in sales now)

50 ounces cooked @ 5oz a serving would be 10 servings, but I need 100 servings each!::p

My math says 100 ounces raw at 50%yield =50 ounces or 10 sandwiches, so 1000 ounces=500 cooked ounces and 100 sandwiches.

50% on the pork. For brisket, I get a 45% average yield from the packer weight before trimming. So if the cryovac weight is 15lbs I'd expect to get 6.75lbs of edible meat. $6 on the pork and $9 on the brisket is what I'm selling for here.

Back