• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Anyone have good results with Kingsford Cherrywood Charcoal?

RemoGaggi

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Our local discount grocery has 7lb bags of Kingsford Cherrywood Charcoal for $3.99/bag. Any tried it? Any good?

I have tried a few different Kingsford “flavored” briquettes. The apple and cherry were both good. Those two stood out as ones I’d buy again. $3.99 a bag is probably the most I’d pay for it.

Does anyone know what exactly the "flavoring" ingredient is? Is it real wood (cherry or apple) or some chemical additive?

Does anyone know what exactly the "flavoring" ingredient is? Is it real wood (cherry or apple) or some chemical additive?

Here's a portion of the description from the Home Depot Website :

"Get a sweet and fruity flavor with Kingsford Original Charcoal Briquets with Cherrywood, the way BBQ should taste. Each briquette is made with natural ingredients and real Cherrywood, resulting in the sweet and fruity flavor that barbeque lovers crave. "
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Kingsford-14-6-lbs-Cherrywood-Charcoal-Briquettes-4460031792/308018783

So unless Cherrywood (one word, capitalized) is some type of additive then I would assume it has actual cherry wood in it.

The term "natural ingredients" is a marketing buzz phrase often used to imply the opposite of what it is. Color me skeptical.

You can definitely see the wood in the briquettes. For lack of a better description, it looks like there is sawdust in them. I can also say that the cherry and apple smelled like cherry and apple when it smoldered.

Back