Injection question

The Yankee Gator

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Has anyone ever mixed Butchers beef injection with beef stock? I have used water before and I think I have used beef broth, but this time I used stock and it is thick and strange looking. Should I dump it and start over, or will it be O.K.? Thanks for any help!

Did it clump up from improper mixing and heating? If so, you need to cook it out and stir like mad until it evens out or just toss it. If it's something different, as long as it can still be injected, it's worth a shot in my opinion. Personally, I think it was the mixing and heating as opposed to the stock.

• Thanks
Reactions: pwa
Has anyone ever mixed Butchers beef injection with beef stock? I have used water before and I think I have used beef broth, but this time I used stock and it is thick and strange looking. Should I dump it and start over, or will it be O.K.? Thanks for any help!

When you use anything but water it will get thicker than with water. The volume of water can only hold "x" amount of volume of products with in itself. With other liquids they have already started holding product for flavoring. So this will affect the thickness. Strange looking is something that you will have to describe a little more. You didn't say it clumped just strange.

Using only water with the Butcher's Prime Injection has worked really well for us. Sure wish we discovered it before we moved to "no comp land".

We've tried them all and will stick with the Butcher.

SOME beef stocks will produce a "pot roast" flavor.
A couple of years ago a new team asked a couple of us to taste their brisket after turn-ins.
We asked if they used stock--"Yes" was the answer.
Pronounced "veggie" taste.

So, try it and taste the results BEFORE a comp.

TIM

Last edited:
I used stock in the prime injection last weekend for a family reunion cook. Best brisket I've made so far. Now most of that is because I cooked it perfectly(by accident), but I didn't notice a pot roast like flavor. It was slightly thicker than when I mixed it the day before, but I figured that was because the broth was cold and not room temp like when I mixed it. Still injected just fine.

Strange meaning different than usual. Kind of foamy on top and full of little bubbles. Could be it being thicker than usual, the bubbles can't float out after shaking it up. You have a GREAT product! Thanks

I do it all the time, it does tend to foam up a little when I first mix it and is thicker than when mixed with water. I haven't noticed either of those things having a negative effect.

Mine also has a little creamy foam on top and if you stir it once again it goes away. I mix mine up a couple hours before using and while it sets I get the same thing. Just before using I whisk it and have no problems thru the injection process.

David, what's the most in advance you recommend mixing? I like to have all of my contest things mixed before a contest, is mixing a couple of days before too early?

David, what's the most in advance you recommend mixing? I like to have all of my contest things mixed before a contest, is mixing a couple of days before too early?

Nope won't hurt a thing. Just keep it cold after mixing. I would let it set our a couple hours to come to room temp before injecting.

Back