brisket left or right

Ok I thought everyone knew cows always face the same direction, backs to the wind. If they are on a steep hillside they always go in the same direction so the up hill side will be shorter while the downhill side will be longer and more tender because it is being stretched more. Any rancher worth his salt knows this and will at least once a week make them walk the other way, if the wind don't change direction. Also keeps the grass more level, because they will then be able to munch on the high side of the grass, same with sleeping, even if he has to wake them up in the middle of the night and switch sides, makes each side equally tender. This is why I never had cattle. Although I do tend to lean to the far right.

I have raised night crawlers for fishing, you laugh but wait until you are facing a stampeding heard of angry crawlers not perty, however I did sleep in a motel 6 once and watched The Big Valley.
Dave

Ok I thought everyone knew cows always face the same direction, backs to the wind. If they are on a steep hillside they always go in the same direction so the up hill side will be shorter while the downhill side will be longer and more tender because it is being stretched more. Any rancher worth his salt knows this and will at least once a week make them walk the other way, if the wind don't change direction. Also keeps the grass more level, because they will then be able to munch on the high side of the grass, same with sleeping, even if he has to wake them up in the middle of the night and switch sides, makes each side equally tender. This is why I never had cattle. Although I do tend to lean to the far right.

I have raised night crawlers for fishing, you laugh but wait until you are facing a stampeding heard of angry crawlers not perty, however I did sleep in a motel 6 once and watched The Big Valley.
Dave
And I do all that for 750 a month & found.:doh: I need a raise or maybe git into worm ranchin like Bullwinkle & Rocky.

I didn't even know that cows laid down much. I thought they stood most of the time.

And I do all that for 750 a month & found.:doh: I need a raise or maybe git into worm ranchin like Bullwinkle & Rocky.

Hardest part is getting them to hold still for the branding iron, can't pen their heads in a chute, they don't have one.:rolleyes:
Dave

All of this is measured with a right handed metric crescent wrench of course.

I have no idea, and I'm way too lazy to put much thought to it, but I'm guessing a left-handed brisket might be a good meal to take on a snipe hunt.
I thought snipes only lived in Texas?:confused:

Put me in the too lazy category. I have enough things to look at when picking out a brisket. I always feel like people think something is wrong with me while I am picking one out. I make a couple of stacks and eventually narrow it down to the 2 best ones and buy both of them. I can't imagine the looks I would get if I were trying to figure out which ones were left handed. How would you tell if you are buying a flat?:confused:

Put me in the too lazy category. I have enough things to look at when picking out a brisket. I always feel like people think something is wrong with me while I am picking one out. I make a couple of stacks and eventually narrow it down to the 2 best ones and buy both of them. I can't imagine the looks I would get if I were trying to figure out which ones were left handed. How would you tell if you are buying a flat?:confused:

Give it a toss across the store.
If it looks like a girl threw it.....its a left hand'er.

That may explain my unsuccessful hunts as a child in Tennessee. :doh:
It takes skill to catch one. None of the new kids in our neighborhood could ever catch one. They also had a heck of a time finding their way back home in the dark from the middle of the woods.:heh: Kids have it easy today. I bet that would result in a law suit these days.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
It takes skill to catch one. None of the new kids in our neighborhood could ever catch one. They also had a heck of a time finding their way back home in the dark from the middle of the woods.:heh: Kids have it easy today. I bet that would result in a law suit these days.

Yup, that would make National News these days.
You don't want to get brow beat by Anderson Cooper.

Back