"First time post" Todays Ribs pron

DaveT

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Here it goes. Took last nights poker winnings from the family and bought a couple racks of St. Louis style ribs. Rubbed with a little Yard Bird (recently purchased after reading the thread on rubs). Used the 3-2-1 cooking method and apple wood. Finished with a mixture of Blues Hog and Corky's Somkin Hot. It was pretty good eats!

Attachments

• CIMG7345.JPG
    CIMG7345.JPG
    245.4 KB · Views: 167
  • CIMG7346.JPG
    CIMG7346.JPG
    186.1 KB · Views: 165
  • CIMG7352.JPG
    CIMG7352.JPG
    236.4 KB · Views: 166
  • CIMG7358.JPG
    CIMG7358.JPG
    235.1 KB · Views: 165
Very nice first post! I kind of miss my chargrillers!

Good looking ribs, too.

Here it goes. Took last nights poker winnings from the family and bought a couple racks of St. Louis style ribs. Rubbed with a little Yard Bird (recently purchased after reading the thread on rubs). Used the 3-2-1 cooking method and apple wood. Finished with a mixture of Blues Hog and Corky's Somkin Hot. It was pretty good eats!
Nice looking ribs. Is that a UDS, in the making, in the background? Great first post.

Nice looking ribs. Is that a UDS, in the making, in the background? Great first post.

Thanks. That is a UDS soon to be in the making. I scored 2-free stainless steel drums a while back. Have to build one for me and one for the guy who gave me the drums.

Looks great. I love to Corky's as well as the Hog....

I bet your neighbors were jealous seeing they are so close to ya and all...

I'd say the folks didn't mind losing the poker money too bad with that.:smile:

I still use my Chargriller!! I turn out better ribs, with mine, than any other cooker i have.

The ribs look great.

Next time you cook try sticking your probe in horizontally, that will put it closer to the meat and give you a little more accurate temp reading of what the meat is setting in. As it is the probe is reading the temp higher up and will read hotter. Its my understanding the point of the probe is where the temp is acutely being read from but I could be wrong, its happened twice already this year. :icon_sad
Dave

Back